Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Boot interaction
Operating Systems HP-UX Boot interaction Post 88306 by mhossien on Wednesday 2nd of November 2005 08:30:02 PM
Old 11-02-2005
Question Boot interaction

Hi Corrail,

Many thanks for your suggestion and your interest in my problem.

Having read what you recommended, I pulled out the casing, which holds hard disk, cdrom and floppy drive (front panel) and I seen tow ribbons one a grey (bluish) colour wide with two rows of 25 hols at one end with a little tag saying “single ended scsi - drive” connected to the disk drive and the end way saying “single ended scsi - disk interface board”.

I pulled this ribbon off and powered up the machine and to my surprise kernel was loaded as usual CDE appeared and ready to login. On this ribbon was written:

LL31941 CSA AWM I A 105C 300V FT-1

The second ribbon, a narrow one and whit colour and written on it:

20297 CSA AWM I A 105C 150 FT-1 SPECTRA-STRIP FAST 20/40 -SCSI RL AWM STYLE.

I don not know how to locate the IDE cable, but will I be looking in the motherboard tomorrow as it's now half past one in the morning at my neck of wood.

Please if you can shed some light as to how I can locate this “IDE” cable and furthermore by disconnecting this cable, would I be able to power up this machine and get to the MA> prompt as was suggest by our friend Awadhesh?

Once again many thanks for your time and all others who will be showing an interest.

M.H

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in setting up password without Interaction.

Can anybody tell me how can I create an account without having to enter the password after editing the vipw file. I mean the system should automatically take care of the password encryption in the shadow file and I don't to enter the password again and the Account should be ready to go. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
3 Replies

2. Programming

client server interaction? anyone know

hi there, i need help :( im trying to produce a program that would do the following, but i dont know were to begin, any help/guide lines, please im need help asap, One program is the main program, which fork/execs one referee process and three x,y,z processes repectvley. It then waits until... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmanultra
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh and awk interaction

in a ksh script, i want to process some string variables using awk, and then i want to go on using this variables in the same ksh (out of awk lines) can anybody send me a very simple example about this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

textbox and user interaction

I'm wanting to get user interaction...textbox or checkboxes would be great. I want to allow someone to enter data into textbox. (this is the time I want to grab a photo from) Then I want to be able to check the different sizes I want for the image. Say 4 options. Is this possible using the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect help/interaction with switch..

Hi All, I have been trying to get an Expect program to communicate with a Remote Power Switch which will eventually log in, and then turn on/off certain outlets. For some reason, I can't get through the log in procedure with this Switch. When you first spawn the telnet, you get the Switch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrjgs70
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with script interaction

Hi I have a script which is coming up with errors when I iterate over a list of database names. When I print out the values it shows a title & underline...if I then attach "hi" to the print out I get : hi TBS_SVC_NAME hi ------------------------------ hi bkahepa hi hi echo "select... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PAM and vsftp interaction

If I use to PAM to validate a vsftp user using a remote service to do the validation and the user does not exist on the system locally, then what becomes the home directory for the user logging in via vsftp? Assuming that chroot_user_list is enable to limit all users to their home directory. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChrisC
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid interaction into script

Sorry for my english! I'm using Debian squeeze and for an assignement, i have create 2 virtual pdf cups printers. Both are working very well. To test the different administion command; i try to disable one of the printer and move his queue file to the second one. I'm able to do it easily. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyapma
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document supports user interaction?

Hi, I am trying to ssh into a remote machine and then enter a vserver on the remote machine. I am using here document to carry out these commands on the remote machine. My here document looks like this ssh username@remotemachine << HERE sudo vserver vservername enter HERE however the sudo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh vs perl strange interaction.

Hello everybody, I isolated an issue: please try the following script (under AIX) #!/usr/bin/ksh93 echo "Before Perl: \c" read line echo "|$line|" perl -e 'print "Perl invocation";' echo echo "After Perl: \c" read line echo "|$line|" On the first input, type Ctrl-D. It works... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlovi
13 Replies
AUVIRT(8)						  System Administration Utilities						 AUVIRT(8)

NAME
auvirt - a program that shows data related to virtual machines SYNOPSIS
auvirt [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
auvirt shows a list of guest sessions found in the audit logs. If a guest is specified, only the events related to that guest is consid- ered. To specify a guest, both UUID or VM name can be given. For each guest session the tool prints a record with the domain name, the user that started the guest, the time when the guest was started and the time when the guest was stoped. If the option "--all-events" is given a more detailed output is shown. In this mode other records are shown for guest's stops, resource assignments, host shutdowns and AVC and anomaly events. The first field indicates the event type and can have the following values: start, stop, res, avc, anom and down (for host shutdowns). Resource assignments have the additional fields: resource type, reason and resource. And AVC records have the following additional fields: operation, result, command and target. By default, auvirt reads records from the system audit log file. But --stdin and --file options can be specified to change this behavior. OPTIONS
--all-events Show records for all virtualization related events. --debug Print debug messages to standard output. -f, --file file Read records from the given file instead from the system audit log file. -h, --help Print help message and exit. --proof Add after each event a line containing all the identifiers of the audit records used to calculate the event. Each identifier con- sists of unix time, milliseconds and serial number. --show-uuid Add the guest's UUID to each record. --stdin Read records from the standard input instead from the system audit log file. This option cannot be specified with --file. --summary Print a summary with information about the events found. The summary contains the considered range of time, the number of guest starts and stops, the number of resource assignments, the number of AVC and anomaly events, the number of host shutdowns and the number of failed operations. -te, --end [end-date] [end-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or before the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, now is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influenced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, week-ago, this-month, this-year. Today means starting now. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -ts, --start [start-date] [start-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or after the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, midnight is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influ- enced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, this-month, this-year. Today means starting at 1 second after midnight. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -u, --uuid UUID Only show events related to the guest with the given UUID. -v, --vm name Only show events related to the guest with the given name. EXAMPLES
To see all the records in this month for a guest auvirt --start this-month --vm GuestVmName --all-events SEE ALSO
aulast(8), ausearch(8), aureport(8). AUTHOR
Marcelo Cerri IBM Corp Dec 2011 AUVIRT(8)