Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sharing storage, no network
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sharing storage, no network Post 88062 by Perderabo on Monday 31st of October 2005 11:36:39 AM
Old 10-31-2005
Use a floppy or writable cd/dvd.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Home Network Storage Solution.

Hi All... I have never really touched any form of unix so any help would be appraciated. I am looking at creating/building another PC to add to my network for storage purposes only. Would unix be the best OS to use in this situation as all I have available to me is a very low end PC. As... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Merlyn
10 Replies

2. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Printer Sharing on a Mixed(Windows/Linux) Home Network

Sometimes you get the tiger...but sometimes he get you and this latest home network “project” of mine has gnawed on me pretty badly. Perhaps you can offer some technical help. It will be heartily appreciated. I have a small home network initially comprising two computers running Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annatar
1 Replies

4. AIX

Sharing a tape drive across the network.

I'm building a new server that doesn't have an internal tape drive. It is running 5.3ML8. I have another server running 5.1ML9 that has an LTO1 drive I'd like to share. Is this possible, or should I look into twin-tailing it, if that's even supported anymore. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommysalami
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a network mount preferably with NFS

Hello, I would like to share a 9p (Plan 9) passthrough/share to a VM via NFS (using a guest as an NFS server to share a directory from the host) At the moment I am getting the error message: 'exportfs: /share does not support NFS export'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scratch
2 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. In addition, network namespaces isolate the UNIX domain abstract socket namespace (see unix(7)). A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)