Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Automatic time out of user login Post 85551 by izy100 on Wednesday 5th of October 2005 07:15:29 PM
Old 10-05-2005
use timeout & tmpout variable.
Doesn't work for csh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic login

Hello all, I need a script that can run an sftp session into a remote server, and retreive a file. Does anyone know how to pass in the user/password details in a script? I seem to have forgotten (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Automatic login

Hi, Boss I have a question.... BackGround: i have a shell name xxxLineInput.x the useage is: xxxLineInput.x -Txxx -Uxxx -Pxxx when i use the command line..can run normal. Target: i want to set automatic login, the mean is when i login the as the specifical... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic login

I need a script that will let me connect to my hpux server with just a click of the icon without type my username and password. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tree740
5 Replies

4. Slackware

Automatic login without X

I know how to set up KDM or GDM to do automatic login, but is there a way to do it without GDM or KDM or X at all so when I start the machine I am immediately taken to a waiting command prompt? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get all user's login time

hi all, i need yor help!!!:D i am a newbie in programming i want to get user list and their login time... i have search and learn about pswd and utmp, but i only can get usr list without their login time... do you have an idea to solve my problem? thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alif
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last login time of a particular user?

How do I get the last login time of a particular user?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.ashok
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to Restrict user login after certain time in Solaris??

My OS is Solaris 10, I would like to know if there is any way to restrict user login to the system (either remote or console login) after certain time, say 20:00 on Mon to Fri and whole day on SAT and SUN??? Sorry that I am a new user on Unix System. Any comment is fully appreciated!!! Alex (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alessandro31
7 Replies

8. AIX

User login time

I want to set the "logintimes" variable for a user on a server who need access mornings and night how to I set the "logintimes" I want the user to log in from 08:00 to 12:00 and 17:00 to 21:00 is this possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Automatic Login to Desktop

On Solaris 11 is it possible to bypass the userid/password requirement to automatically login to the desktop ? I'm the sole user and it is really not necessary to secure the system. I have searched this forum and have not found a relevant post. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stansaraczewski
2 Replies
shift(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          shift(1)

NAME
shift - shell built-in function to traverse either a shell's argument list or a list of field-separated words SYNOPSIS
sh shift [n] csh shift [variable] ksh * shift [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The positional parameters from $n+1 ... are renamed $1 ... . If n is not given, it is assumed to be 1. csh The components of argv, or variable, if supplied, are shifted to the left, discarding the first component. It is an error for the variable not to be set or to have a null value. ksh The positional parameters from $n+1 $n+1 ... are renamed $1 ..., default n is 1. The parameter n can be any arithmetic expression that evaluates to a non-negative number less than or equal to $#. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 shift(1)