Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting When can a script deny to store any value in a variable Post 85259 by vino on Tuesday 4th of October 2005 06:57:20 AM
Old 10-04-2005
This could be your solution. variable assignment in new shell

vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store query multiple result in shell script variable(Array)

:) Suppose,I have one table A. Table A have one column. Table A have 10 rows. I want this 10 rows store into shell script variable. like #!/bin/ksh v_shell_var=Hi here in call oracle , through loop How can I store table A's 10 rows into v_shell_var (Shell Script Array). Regards, Div (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

store timestamp in a variable

I am new to Unix shell Script _________________________ db2 connect to r2pdev user bmwdevup using summer08 >>$monlog # get the current timestamp from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1 currenttimestamp="" echo "Run SQL select current timestamp from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1 with ur" >>$monlog db2 "select current... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: regnumber
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to store the variable in a table or array.

Hi, I have few variable say 10 ex:- l_pc_291334_01_0_01_00.cmp l_pc_441133_50_0_02_00.cmp l_pc_441133_55_0_02_00.cmp Each variable value is coming via loop on a table. I want to create a script that stores these value to a table or array ( But one by one not all at one time as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkumar.b2
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

store last command exit status in variable in shell script

Hello All My req is to store the exit status of a command in shell variable I want to check whether the file has header or not The header will contain the string DATA_ACQ_CYC_CNTL_ID So I am running the command head -1 $i | grep DATA_ACQ_CYC_CNTL_ID Now I have to check if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
6 Replies

6. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output to a variable

I need some help: 1) I have a out put from a shell script, the out put looks like this: Attempting privilege escalation using sudo ... List backups for CLTST: Start date Status Ret. Class Label -------------------- ------------ ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't store value in the variable

!#bin/bash clear var= grep @gmail.com email.txt | wc -l echo $var echo $var exit 0 OUTPUT: 1000 _ _ Where _ represent space (no value or nothing) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rehan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store file name in a variable?

Hi All, Daily I am generating a file dfm_daily_file_ ex: dfm_daily_file_05072015 date will be changed daily. Once the file is FTP it is deleted. I have tried the below code to get the file name with any date and store it in a variable its not working. #!/bin/ksh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to store result in variable for other lines in script to use

I can not figure out how to capture the $filename variable store by the bash. #!/bin/bash # oldest folder stored as variable for analysis, version log created, and quality indicators matched to run dir=/home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/test find "$dir" -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies