Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem Installing (elite help please) Post 84948 by tmarikle on Thursday 29th of September 2005 02:54:44 PM
Old 09-29-2005
Not trying to be harsh so please forgive the following.

I think you may be better served if you simly purchase a non SATA hard drive and and install Linux on there.

I can walk you through using Norton Ghost but that is one, very easy part of this puzzle. Judging from your comments, a Kernel rebuild may be more than you're willing to take on. I don't have an SATA drive but I have rebuilt Linux Kernels for various hardware and software reasons. Options 2 and 3 don't intimidate me.

By the way, have you verified that your system won't let you change your BIOS to legacy ATA mode?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing openssh v2.9-p2

I am trying to install openssh v2.9-p2 on Solaris 8. I already installed zlib and openssl, as required in INSTALL file. But when I issue ./configure to configure openssh v2.9-p2 for my platform ( I got the sources), it stops in the folowing message: checking for OpenSSL directory... configure:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help. I have a problem with installing FreeBSD

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

3. Solaris

problem installing pine

when i try to build pine unix tells me it can't find make # ./build xxx make args are CC=cc soc Including LDAP functionality ln: cannot create c-client: File exists ln: cannot create mtest: File exists ln: cannot create mailutil: File exists ln: cannot create imapd: File exists ln:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing gdbm

I'm trying to install gdbm on a MacPro running Leopard. But when I do the make install, I get this error: /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 -o root -g root gdbm.h \ /usr/include/gdbm.h install: root: Invalid argument make: *** Error 67 Any ideas? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shan Hollen
1 Replies

5. BSD

Problem with re-installing ports

Hello, I am fairly new at FreeBSD. I tried searching existing topics for a similar problem, but I found none :) I have a problem reinstalling apache22 which I had to remove in my troubleshooting with mysql. Since I've got MySQL working now (joy unbounded!) I now have the task of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
3 Replies

6. Solaris

problem while installing on X-86

Hi all, I tried to install Sun Solaris 10 on a X-86 based machine. I have dedicated entire diskspace to create auto partition. My hardware config is below: Main Board : Asus Processor : Intel 945 , 3 G/Hz RAM : 1 Gigs Diskspace : 80 Gigs When I install, installation goes successful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem installing companion CD

Hi everyone, Im very new to solaris and im trying to install the companion CD remotly via telent on my sunfire V120 server i have running. I download the iso off the net then burned it to cd. I have tried various how to's.. but its still not working.. The commands they tell me to imput come... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smitty944
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem Installing Oracle 8i

System Model and Spec Sun Enterprise 420R Processor Speed: 450 MHz (4 processors) Installed RAM: 4 GB Os: Solaris 8 Sparc I successfully installed standard oracle 8i setup on our database server specs above but after installation was competed and it went to creating database I got the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
2 Replies

9. Linux

Problem installing htpasswd2

Hey everyone! So as i finished setting up my apache2 server, I wanted to look into some basic authentication for the web page. I found a great guide on apache.org. The problem now is, the htpasswd2 file that i need to create and store users, is in a weird format. It is displaying as : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxIntern445
3 Replies
qmail-queue(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)