Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem Installing (elite help please) Post 84932 by GXDeMoNN on Thursday 29th of September 2005 02:09:32 PM
Old 09-29-2005
elaborate

sounds interesting, now if you would be too kind, please put all that as a detailed STEP-BY-STEP so stupid me can actually follow it

that way, if it works it'll be greatly appreciated

so lets start with

"create a disk image from the PATA and overlay the SATA"

i dont even know what this means, let alone where to start with this

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing openssh v2.9-p2

I am trying to install openssh v2.9-p2 on Solaris 8. I already installed zlib and openssl, as required in INSTALL file. But when I issue ./configure to configure openssh v2.9-p2 for my platform ( I got the sources), it stops in the folowing message: checking for OpenSSL directory... configure:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help. I have a problem with installing FreeBSD

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

3. Solaris

problem installing pine

when i try to build pine unix tells me it can't find make # ./build xxx make args are CC=cc soc Including LDAP functionality ln: cannot create c-client: File exists ln: cannot create mtest: File exists ln: cannot create mailutil: File exists ln: cannot create imapd: File exists ln:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing gdbm

I'm trying to install gdbm on a MacPro running Leopard. But when I do the make install, I get this error: /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 -o root -g root gdbm.h \ /usr/include/gdbm.h install: root: Invalid argument make: *** Error 67 Any ideas? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shan Hollen
1 Replies

5. BSD

Problem with re-installing ports

Hello, I am fairly new at FreeBSD. I tried searching existing topics for a similar problem, but I found none :) I have a problem reinstalling apache22 which I had to remove in my troubleshooting with mysql. Since I've got MySQL working now (joy unbounded!) I now have the task of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
3 Replies

6. Solaris

problem while installing on X-86

Hi all, I tried to install Sun Solaris 10 on a X-86 based machine. I have dedicated entire diskspace to create auto partition. My hardware config is below: Main Board : Asus Processor : Intel 945 , 3 G/Hz RAM : 1 Gigs Diskspace : 80 Gigs When I install, installation goes successful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem installing companion CD

Hi everyone, Im very new to solaris and im trying to install the companion CD remotly via telent on my sunfire V120 server i have running. I download the iso off the net then burned it to cd. I have tried various how to's.. but its still not working.. The commands they tell me to imput come... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smitty944
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem Installing Oracle 8i

System Model and Spec Sun Enterprise 420R Processor Speed: 450 MHz (4 processors) Installed RAM: 4 GB Os: Solaris 8 Sparc I successfully installed standard oracle 8i setup on our database server specs above but after installation was competed and it went to creating database I got the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
2 Replies

9. Linux

Problem installing htpasswd2

Hey everyone! So as i finished setting up my apache2 server, I wanted to look into some basic authentication for the web page. I found a great guide on apache.org. The problem now is, the htpasswd2 file that i need to create and store users, is in a weird format. It is displaying as : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxIntern445
3 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)