Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netstat counters
Operating Systems Solaris netstat counters Post 84733 by izy100 on Wednesday 28th of September 2005 09:14:10 AM
Old 09-28-2005
From my limited knowledge, you need a reboot

(You are correct - a reboot is needed)

Last edited by RTM; 09-28-2005 at 10:30 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

netstat

Hi what is the command to see the process name/application name along with the port number, connection status ... netstat is not giving process/application name Is there any way to know which application is holding which port? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix performance monitoring counters

Which performance counters you might to define as "The most important counters in checking unix performance" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gen4ik
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counters and arrays help needed!

I am trying to write a program in a script .sh I have a list of coordinates ie e1=123 n1=123 e2=456 n2=456 e3=789 n3=789 I have a counter starting at 1 for (( i=1; i<=2; i++)) i need coordinate=123,123 then on the second loop coordinate=456,456 etc... I tried doing: #e=0 n=0 <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazz1982
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using existing variables as counters in a "for" loop ?

Hi all, I am rather new to shell programing I am trying to run a loop through variables that already exist, here is (a part of ) the code, variables param_kz etc already exist (in the same file, i do not run another script file etc) and have values assigned to them (strings, "y" or "n") echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babulin2002
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with netstat

Hi, I want to list the time for how long a secure connections last to my server/blade. i am using netstat command to get the same, but not sure how to get the time for how long connections is being ESTABLISHED. netstat -na | grep 'ESTABLISHED' | grep :443 |awk '{print $4}' | cut -d: -f1 |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

netstat

Hi Can any body tell me about TIME_WAIT status meaning in the following command output. # netstat -anp|grep 5000 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:50006 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 5058/ccsd tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:50008 0.0.0.0:* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print based on the value from counters?

Hi, I am writing a script which will get the input from a combinations of awk commands and using counters and loop I am generating a dynamic values and passing the output to a file using print -u3 options, now instead of redirecting the output to a file how can the output be created in the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

netstat

When running netstat -i from the Command Terminal, It returns with 21 different connections.. The addresses all look like this: ::1 fe80:1::1 10:dd:b1:a5:c4:ba with Network names like Linke#2 fe80::8e2d How can I delve deeper into this to clarify what is going on with my network?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwfiedler
0 Replies
REBOOT(2)							System Calls Manual							 REBOOT(2)

NAME
reboot - close down the system or reboot SYNTAX
#define _MINIX_SOURCE 1 #include <unistd.h> int reboot(int how, ...) DESCRIPTION
Reboot() is used to close down the system. It allows several ways of shutting down depending on how: reboot(RBT_HALT) Halt the system and return to the monitor prompt. reboot(RBT_REBOOT) Reboot the system by letting the monitor execute the "boot" command. reboot(RBT_PANIC) Cause a system panic. This is not normally done from user mode, but by servers using the sys_abort() kernel call. reboot(RBT_MONITOR, code, length) Halt the system and let the monitor execute the given code of the given length. (code is of type char * and length of type size_t.) reboot(RBT_RESET) Reboot the system with a hardware reset. Reboot() may only be executed by the super-user. DIAGNOSTICS
If the call succeeds, it never returns. If something went wrong, the return value is -1 and an error is indicated by errno. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), reboot(8), halt(8), sync(1). NOTES
Minix can not return to the monitor if running in real mode, or if started from MS-DOS. This means that most of the reboot functions will change to a reset. AUTHOR
Edvard Tuinder (v892231@si.hhs.NL) REBOOT(2)