Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Communicate with Domino from UNIX Post 84722 by jerardfjay on Wednesday 28th of September 2005 08:23:56 AM
Old 09-28-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyanpsingh
How can i communicate with Domino Server using Unix. I want to use LDAP and JAVA.
can u pls help me out.

Thanks
GP
We have a similar situation where we have a RMI server that communicates with the domino server. however I believe that you have to write some kind of program in the domino environment which acts like a query to return and XML stream which can then be invoked by the RMI server. This can then be called from you JAVA program to send in the query and the results will then be returned in a XML stream.

Jerardfjay

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Domino.doc in aix 4.3

Hi, I having trouble while installing domino.doc 3.5 on aix 4.3. The error details are as follows. Pls let me where i am doing wrong. Domino server6.0.2 is already installed. # cd /ddoc/dd31aix/install # ./install Can't load '/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.00503/aix/DDInst.so' for module DDInst:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod2all
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple app to communicate windows and linux/unix

Careful!!! This is a newbie question! Hello Community I'd like to develop a very simple application, on the one side (some windows pcs with a listener and sender) on the other side a linux server that does the same. Any suggestions about doing that? telnet, smbclient????? It must be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
3 Replies

3. Solaris

sun 8 unable to communicate through console

Hi : I have a e450 sun server that I just started up and I connect my laptop to the serial connection using a null modem cable and it just does not connect. I use hyperterminal, I dont connect a keyboard to the sun machine? Any ideas? Thanks a lot Al (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanj4
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Domino listener in 2 separate zones

Can you set up a second listener in /devices/pseudo? What about using a different minor number? I am trying to get Domino to listen from 2 different local zones. They are each running different versions of Domino. Any help would be appreciate. Here is some more info: The first zone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstoever
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

unable to communicate with Linux machine

Hi all, I installed red hat 2.6.9-5 and when I am trying to ping it.I am able to ping any other machine in the network but unable to do vice-versa(means unable to ping this machine from any other machine) and getting the message -- please provide your valuable suggestions ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

do peers communicate via protocol?

actual transmission path is physical layer. do peers in n layer communicate on any issue using n layer protocol with each other. as far as i know this communication is said to be virtual. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Communicate to the OS(linux) using front end.

Hi guys , I want to develop a web page which is capable of executing the command on os and show the output on the browser.(Which involves reading and writing too.) I m using jsp language to develop the web page. How would i use it to communicate with my linux server? Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl: How to communicate serial port remotely

Hi all: i wanna automate a test written in Tcl, but stuck in serial communication. I had 2 PC, one is my local Windows machine, the other one is my test Linux server. The Linux box is connected to the test board via serial port. So I wanna send commands and get output through the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenxiao7
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to communicate from UNIX server to windows server

I have two servers linux and windows and i want to compare files which are in unix server that to windows server and find out which are missing that means i have 50 files with 6000 records in each file on linux server and i want to verify weather these 50 files are present in windows server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
5 Replies
init.wbem(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     init.wbem(1M)

NAME
init.wbem - start and stop the CIM Boot Manager SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/init.wbem start | stop | status DESCRIPTION
The init.wbem utility is run automatically during installation and each time the system is rebooted. This utility manipulates the CIM Object Manager (CIMOM) and the Solaris Management Console server, both of which run combined in a single process. init.wbem can be used to start, stop, or retrieve status from the server. CIM Object Manager The CIM Object Manager manages CIM objects on a WBEM-enabled system. A CIM object is a computer representation, or model, of a managed resource, such as a printer, disk drive, or CPU. CIM objects are stored internally as Java classes. When a WBEM client application accesses information about a CIM object, the CIM Object Manager contacts either the appropriate provider for that object or the CIM Object Manager Repository. Providers are classes that communicate with managed objects to access data. When a WBEM client application requests data from a managed resource that is not available from the CIM Object Manager Repository, the CIM Object Manager forwards the request to the provider for that managed resource. The provider dynamically retrieves the information. At startup, the CIM Object Manager performs the following functions: o Listens for RMI connections on RMI port 5987 and for XML/HTTP connections on HTTP port 5988. o Sets up a connection to the CIM Object Manager Repository. o Waits for incoming requests. During normal operations, the CIM Object Manager performs the following functions: o Performs security checks to authenticate user login and authorization to access namespaces. o Performs syntactical and semantic checking of CIM data operations to ensure that they comply with the latest CIM Specification. o Routes requests to the appropriate provider or to the CIM Object Manager Repository. o Delivers data from providers and from the CIM Object Manager Repository to WBEM client applications. A WBEM client application contacts the CIM Object Manager to establish a connection when it needs to perform WBEM operations, such as cre- ating a CIM class or updating a CIM instance. When a WBEM client application connects to a CIM Object Manager, it gets a reference to the CIM Object Manager, which it then uses to request services and operations. Solaris Management Console Server The Solaris Management Console server is the back end to the front end console, smc(1M). It provides tools for the console to download and performs common services for the console and its tools to use, such as authentication, authorization, logging, messaging, and persistence. System Booting The init.wbem script is installed in the /etc/init.d directory. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: start Starts the CIMOM and Solaris Management Console server on the local host. stop Stops the CIMOM and Solaris Management Console server on the local host. status Gets the status of the CIMOM and Solaris Management Console server on the local host. NOTES
When the init.wbem script is run, it does not run the CIMOM and Solaris Management Console server directly. The server process is in Java and is too heavyweight to be run immediately at system boot time. Instead, three lightweight processes listen on three different ports that the CIMOM and the Solaris Management Console server normally use. This acts similarly to inetd(1M). Because Java programs cannot inherit file descriptors as other programs can, there is a small time period from when the first connection is made until the server is fully operational where client connections may be dropped. WBEM clients are immune to this, as they will retry until the server comes online. Solaris Management Console clients are not immune, and it may be necessary to manually reconnect, though this should not happen in the common case. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbcor | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), mofcomp(1M), smc(1M), smcconf(1M), wbemadmin(1M), wbemlogviewer(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 2 Jan 2002 init.wbem(1M)