Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tracing an e-mail address
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Tracing an e-mail address Post 84411 by zazzybob on Saturday 24th of September 2005 12:35:30 AM
Old 09-24-2005
I think I'll move this thread to the lounge area as it's not a purely technical thread.

It's amazing that credit card companies and other financial institutions can be so lazy when it comes to things like this. But when you spend a couple of hundred bucks into your overdraft, they're very quick to start trying to get their money back....

Cheers
ZB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Sending Error msg from HP-UX to E-mail address

Sometimes, for any reason, the UX System sends messages to /var/mail/root and/or to Error Log of the guardian. I'll appreciating if you help me to configure so that those messages are also sent to the System Administrator's e-mail address. Regards Gege (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgege
1 Replies

2. AIX

Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org. This is causing some issue with our e-mail server. So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org... Does any one know how this can be accomplished? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send mail file from server to another address

HP-UX B11.23 ia64 I have a users mail inbox in /var/mail I want to send all the mail there to another address (an Exchange address). At the Exchange address, I want it to appear as the original separate emails, with attachments in their original form (e.g. still MIME encoded). Is that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
6 Replies

5. IP Networking

Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris

Hi there I lost connectivity to one of our remote systems and when I checked the messages log I found the following: Aug 10 23:42:34 host xntpd: time reset (step) 1.681729 s Aug 16 13:20:51 host ip: WARNING: node "mac address" is using our IP address x.x.x.x on aggr1 Aug 16 13:20:51 host... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail with From Address

hello all When i send an email using "mail" command, it is received by intended receiver but From Adress is getting displayed as user@hostname. Is there any way to change the From address of Email to xxx@bbb.com? Apprecite your response (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail using mail address in a file

I have a file which contains few email address. I have few scripts which use the same mail address. so if any change in mail id like if any user do not want to receive the mail i can just edit a single file instead of many scripts. So i want the scripts to use that file. How can this be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX mail blank in the TO address

Hi All, Can we send a mail in unix blank in TO address with CC and BCC. TO address should be blank CC should not be blank BCC should not be blank thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with sender mail address and name?

Hi, I am trying to send a mail using "mail" command in unix. I wanted to give sender name and sender address. I tried different options ,but still it shows only mail address(No name). mail -s "Alert mail : Nothing running !!!" $email -- -F"Mail Alert" -fno-reply@alert.com But I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaggy
4 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function marks the thread identified by thread as detached. When a detached thread terminates, its resources are automatically released back to the system without the need for another thread to join with the terminated thread. Attempting to detach an already detached thread results in unspecified behavior. RETURN VALUE
On success, pthread_detach() returns 0; on error, it returns an error number. ERRORS
EINVAL thread is not a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread with the ID thread could be found. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Once a thread has been detached, it can't be joined with pthread_join(3) or be made joinable again. A new thread can be created in a detached state using pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3) to set the detached attribute of the attr argument of pthread_create(3). The detached attribute merely determines the behavior of the system when the thread terminates; it does not prevent the thread from being terminated if the process terminates using exit(3) (or equivalently, if the main thread returns). Either pthread_join(3) or pthread_detach() should be called for each thread that an application creates, so that system resources for the thread can be released. (But note that the resources of all threads are freed when the process terminates.) EXAMPLE
The following statement detaches the calling thread: pthread_detach(pthread_self()); SEE ALSO
pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3), pthread_cancel(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_exit(3), pthread_join(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-11-27 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)