Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network Woes!! Please help! :confused: Post 84194 by mrbig1492 on Thursday 22nd of September 2005 12:51:58 PM
Old 09-22-2005
Thank you both for your useful inputs. Our admin figured it out. The config file that assigns the IP address to the host had some sort of unprintable character in the IP address field, so we couldn't see it in the text editor. He merely retyped that area and saved the file again. This time it worked.

Thanks again for the replies.

This is a great resourceE

Ernie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDROM Woes

Have a Sun CDROM connected to a Ultra machine . Problem is it is not recognizing the drive being connected to it ... When i put the CD in the drive it accepts the CD and zooms initially then quitens out .. The devices drivers are also not created for it ... Any ideas anyone ... I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Remote CD woes

Good Day, I've remotely mounted a cdrom (no problems theere). The kicker is I can see the directories on the remote CD bout I can't see the files. What am I doing wrong? I'm logged in as root on both systems. All the permissions seem okay - what am I missing? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg69
2 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgadd woes

Morning all, I am attempting to load a package from a Solaris 8 CDROM. This fails with the error : "pkgadd: ERROR: unable to access pkgmap file </cdrom/ .........../SUNWlibC/pkgmap> No changes were made to the system" Any help would be appreciated Andy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyD
6 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH woes

version of solaris: SunOS 5.8 Generic-117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-240 version of SSH: OpenSSH_4.4p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006 Task: I need to have another Machine ssh into my machine, by either RSA authentication or username/pass authentication. History: In the begining my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EWTGPAC
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

N-Class DVD woes

Having a problem attaching a DVD drive to this N Class server and just wondering if anyone’s come across this before. As there’s no space internally for a DVD drive it has one of these: see attached pic (the rear connector says it's a single ended device) Which I’ve tried connecting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Turlock
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Locale woes

Greetings Forumers! I've been fighting a locale problem on a v490 running Solaris 10 u4 (8/07). When I login to the system, I get several "locale" error messages: user1's password: Last login: Wed May 26 2010 09:14:13 -0400 from system1 You have mail. couldn't set locale correctly couldn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart woes

Hey, I have been battling with jumpstart for the past few days. Interface nxge0 is set on a vlan: nxge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask ff000000 ether 0:21:28:3c:a0:6 nxge998000:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stantonnet
0 Replies

8. AIX

Wpar network,i'm confused

Hi. I've setup a wpar on aix mkwpar -h ibmunix2 -i -r -N interface=en0 address=10.6.0.1 netmask=255.255.255.0 -n ibmunix2 When i log into ibmunix2 it can't ping any external host,include the ibm host. How to set route for network please? I've set ibmunix2 with a different subnet. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
7 Replies

9. AIX

Samba Woes

Hi all With the recent virus attacks we have been tasked with upgrading Samba to a "secure" version. Currently running 3.0.29a and looking to put the latest version down 4.6.5. Being a lazy bod I have only ever installed this, a long time ago, when you could get it in BFF filesets. Have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splattty
6 Replies
shares-admin(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   shares-admin(1)

NAME
shares-admin - Shared Folders Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
shares-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
shares-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. shares-admin allows you to share folders to other computers in your network or in the internet. OPTIONS
shares-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
shares-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), network-admin(1), time-admin(1), users-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 shares-admin(1)