Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: one of the mount pts 100%
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users one of the mount pts 100% Post 83441 by blowtorch on Thursday 15th of September 2005 01:02:52 AM
Old 09-15-2005
From root, run the following command:
Code:
fuser -cu /online

If you have any processes running, then kill them using 'fuser -ck' (if those can be killed) and then try unmounting the filesystem and then remounting it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is /dev/pts/1

hi, i ran tty and get this /dev/pts/1? what does /dev/pts/1 indicates about my terminal and the device files? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

who -uH, kill the process at different pts/tb

i log in as root and is in pts/11 , do a who -uH, got the below root pts/11 Dec 11 08:01 0:10 11588 root pts/12 Dec 11 09:09 0:03 12001 now do a ps -ef | grep pts/12, get the below root 12133 12107 0 09:18:22 pts/13 0:00 vi myoracle root 12107 12105 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finger, getting name and pts from ip addr

im ultra new at unix and was wondering if its possible to create aliases of the write command that send messeges to users using an ip address. i was thinking to use the '|awk' with the command finger but as i've said im a total newbie. thanks a lot in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swag:þ
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching the active pts?

My apologies in advance if this question has already been asked or if I use incorrect terminology; I have tried searching for nearly an hour without any luck. Is there any way to change the active TTY for a session? I was monitoring a long (~5 hour) process through an SSH connection and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tspicher
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pts and tty

hi iam very new to linux can anyone tell me about pts and tty acctually today morning i logged into my pc at 9:51 when i have given #who it has given sam tty7 9:51 sam pts/1 10:11 so what does it mean (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending alt-n to /dev/pts/1 from process bound to /dev/pts/2

Hello, i am using finch (unix commandline instant messaging client using libgnt) which is running connected to /dev/pts/1 Now I would like to "remote control" the program by sending the key combinations normally typed on the keyboard from a programm in another shell. So I tried:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mentos
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine

I am having trouble mounting with cifs, but mounting the exact same command with smbfs works fine. The share is on another samba server and is set to full public guest access. # mount -t cifs //servername/sharename /mnt/temp -o password="" mount error 13 = Permission denied Refer to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with PTS

Hello, I´m working with an m4000 server, with solaris 11. the problem is when users connect to the server, I have the range from pts/65 to pts/128 "blocked". The system does not take any pts of that range. Usually a close all the connections and the problem is solved, but this time that solution... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvador_cast
3 Replies
MSDOSFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							MSDOSFS(5)

NAME
msdosfs -- MS-DOS file system SYNOPSIS
options MSDOSFS DESCRIPTION
The msdosfs driver will permit the FreeBSD kernel to read and write MS-DOS based file systems. The most common usage follows: mount -t msdosfs /dev/ada0sN /mnt where N is the partition number and /mnt is a mount point. Some users tend to create a /dos directory for msdosfs mount points. This helps to keep better track of the file system, and make it more easily accessible. It is possible to define an entry in /etc/fstab that looks similar to: /dev/ada0sN /dos msdosfs rw 0 0 This will mount an MS-DOS based partition at the /dos mount point during system boot. Using /mnt as a permanent mount point is not advised as its intention has always been to be a temporary mount point for floppy and ZIP disks. See hier(7) for more information on FreeBSD direc- tory layout. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8), mount_msdosfs(8), umount(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 1, 2013 BSD