Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: doubt regardin regex in grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting doubt regardin regex in grep Post 83131 by Ygor on Sunday 11th of September 2005 08:39:42 PM
Old 09-11-2005
Looks like a homework assignment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep doubt

Hi, I have one txt file as bellow: Inspector logging xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Inspector logging xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Inspector loggingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Inspector logging xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with grep and regex

Hi all, I'm a beginner with linux, regex, grep, etc I am trying to get data out of a file that has about 13,000 lines in this format name - location I want to grep all the names out to one file and the locations to another so I can put them into a spreadsheet. Some have hyphenated... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: raichlea
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt in grep command

Hello i am new shell scripting. I have a file like this, $ cat myfile ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/1;xyz ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/2;usr2 ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/1;abc ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/2;usr2 ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/1;usr1 when i grep the file. $ grep "abc" myfile... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt in grep

Hi I need to grep a particular world like and redirect into a temporary file .But while iam grepping some unwanted data are aslo coming like .ex In a FILE all these TABLENAMES are present . module_table1,module_table2, module_table3,module_table5, module_table1_temp , module_table2_temp... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on RegEx

Friends, I have a silly doubt: Assume that I have a line like this Heading: Value1; SomeText1 (a, b, c), Value 2; SomeText2 (d, e, f) I wanted to remove all semicolon and remove everything in brackets (including brackets). I managed to do this using this code if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt with regex to replace square bracket

there is a word "welcome" output should be "welcome\ i am using regsub to add backslash "\" in place where ever i find square brackets (open or close).. But i am not getting it... pls help out.. set a {welcome} set d (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command doubt

Hi all, I need to find the line by using grep command with the two occurence of word in the same line. I tried the below example it prints the word choice. cat nohup.out Dictionary utl is completed. file is completed. Dictionary file is completed. grep 'Dictionary\|file'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep in regex

Hello guys, Here i am writing a script in bash to check for a valid URL from a file using regex This is my input file http://www.yahoo.commmmmm http://www.google.com https://www.gooogle.co www.test6.co.in www.gmail.com www.google.co htt://www.money.com http://eeeess.google.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep regex

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a grep command to match the following pattern from a file: <EGS>10234567<EGS> I used this following command to do this: grep -E '^<EGS>{8}<EGS>' test.txt In output I got: <EGS>10234567<EGS> Till now it work, but if I add something at the end of the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies
qmail-users(5)							File Formats Manual						    qmail-users(5)

NAME
qmail-users - assign mail addresses to users OVERVIEW
The file /var/lib/qmail/users/assign assigns addresses to users. For example, =joe.shmoe:joe:503:78:/home/joe::: says that mail for joe.shmoe should be delivered to user joe, with uid 503 and gid 78, as specified by /home/joe/.qmail. Assignments fed to qmail-newu will be used by qmail-lspawn to control qmail-local's deliveries. See qmail-newu(8). A change to /var/lib/qmail/users/assign will have no effect until qmail-newu is run. STRUCTURE
/var/lib/qmail/users/assign is a series of assignments, one per line. It ends with a line containing a single dot. Lines must not contain NUL. SIMPLE ASSIGNMENTS
A simple assignment is a line of the form =local:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:ext: Here local is an address; user, uid, and gid are the account name, uid, and gid of the user in charge of local; and messages to local will be controlled by homedir/.qmaildashext. If there are several assignments for the same local address, qmail-lspawn will use the first one. local is interpreted without regard to case. WILDCARD ASSIGNMENTS
A wildcard assignment is a line of the form +loc:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:pre: This assignment applies to any address beginning with loc, including loc itself. It means the same as =locext:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:preext: for every string ext. A more specific wildcard assignment overrides a less specific assignment, and a simple assignment overrides any wildcard assignment. For example: +:alias:7790:2108:/var/lib/qmail/alias:-:: +joe-:joe:507:100:/home/joe:-:: =joe:joe:507:100:/home/joe::: The address joe is handled by the third line; the address joe-direct is handled by the second line; the address bill is handled by the first line. SEE ALSO
qmail-pw2u(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-users(5)