Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking ping program with explanations please!!!!! Post 82360 by andryk on Wednesday 31st of August 2005 07:22:18 AM
Old 08-31-2005
Quote:
Try this.
By the way, there is google too
You are too kind Sergiu, dont spoon feed him ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ ping program

i just finished a c++ course in my school and i want to write a program to use at home, also for my dad to use. my dsl has been going out recently and i check the connection by pinging yahoo.com usually. but the ping program times out after a little while of no responces. so what i want to do is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Definitions/explanations

Just wondering: Can anyone tell me what is meant by the term 'interactive shell" or 'built-in commands' - for example, if I type 'man set' I get a page listing all the 'built in commands' but no explanation of what they are as a concept or what they do. And while I'm here: I was wondering as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sensors Explanations

Hello, I am trying to get some information from the sensors on my pc. But i get confuse with what i get. I don t know where to find out which sensors watches what.. I use "sensors" under ubuntu 10.10. Here is the result of the cmd line sudo sensors. the temp 3 indicates 79°C which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mat_k
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some explanations in commands

I want to know what's the meaning of the following commands first eg ^*a*e*i*o*u*$What does exactly the *a,*e,*i ...*$ means in this command? I know that i can also use this command without the *a,*e,*i ... *$! At this ocassion what's the difference? second eg sed ‘s/^/<tab>/’ file1In sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

7. Programming

I need some explanations

hello let me start with i am a php ,vb ,c# programmer i heared that Routers run a smaller version of linux called an Embedded Operating System i don't know what is that mean so i want to know how to get into router files ? how to edit it ? what language it use , is it c and c++ ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr.vip
1 Replies

8. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)