Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming ftp a file from remote pc of win 2000 Post 8157 by bdyjm on Saturday 6th of October 2001 11:26:06 PM
Old 10-07-2001
ftp a file from remote pc of win 2000

Hello.
I am programming in C on HP-UNIX system,i want ftp a file from remote pc which is window 2000 system,i donot how config my HP-UNIX and pc, i donot how program in C or in shell.

Thank you for help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Remote shell with Win 2000

I need to use the RSH command to run a shell script on my Unix box from Win 2000. I'm using the etc/hosts.equiv file for configuring Unix. In it I have the hostname and username as required. As a test, I enter the following on the Win 2000 dos command: rsh servername -l username df -k. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebergh
8 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

win 2000

Dear user sorry if the subject is not for that fourm .. but I get mad .. I wana solve that problem.. I started my new semster .. and last semster.. and there I use the net under a very huge list of restriction .. no msn massenger .. no yahoo massenger .. no underground site .. no fourms (I am ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuDe_BuT_CoOoL
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Samba to join a win 2000 Domain

I am trying to set samba up to join my windows 2000 domain and I am having troubles If anyone if familiar with this help would be greatly appreciated I issue the following command # ./smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r DOMAINCONTROLER And the following gets returned load_client_codepage: filename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote execute a file via ftp

How can I execute a script on a unix server via ftp from a Windows machine?? Can't use cron/at to schedule the execution and don't want to open up a telnet session just to do it. I want to be able to kick it off after I send the script over on a nightly basis. Reason is script parameter changes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freebsd and win 2000 working 2gether?

Hi Brothers, Please, I've just purchased a new PC and I would like to have both win 2000 and freebsd in the same hard drive, ( 40GB and 128Mb ) can you please help how to set up my new hard drive , please! Thank you..... aka Polymorphous (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Polymorphous
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

S-FTP HP-UX to Bitvise (Win NT)

Trying to connect to an HP-UX machine using public key authentication - using User keypair manager to create a keypair - export the public key to a file - tried both OpenSSH and SSH2 - and then transfer the public key to the $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys file on the Unix box - but when I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvanvak
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To ftp file on a remote server

I want to send some files in .gz format from my desktop to a remote server. What will be the procedure for that thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote access from Windows 2000 into Solaris 8

All, I am looking for the easiest solution that will let me remote access from a Windows 2000 client into a Solaris 8 server. Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP file from win to UNIX

hi all, i hv written the script for file transfer when i am trying to transfer the file on windows machine only same desktop from one location to another location that is working fine but when i am trying to transfer the same to unix server it is going in infinte loop and file is also not getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote FTP Backup -Tar archive+ encrypt+ split to a remote ftp

I have a huge directoy(200+ gb) for backup. I want upload the tar file(split files) simultaneous to a remote ftp. (pipeline, stdout, stdin etc.) I don't want write a data to local hdd. I have a ssd hdd. thanks. this code doesn't work.( yes i know the problem is split command!) tar cvzf -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
8 Replies
w2kusers.deny(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						  w2kusers.deny(4)

NAME
w2kusers.deny - Authentication file for Windows 2000 Single Sign On. SYNOPSIS
# Comment account_name DESCRIPTION
The w2kusers.deny is a text file containing a list of user account names. When an account is included in this file, the Windows 2000 Sin- gle Sign-On software verifies only the UNIX authentication for the named account. To add user accounts to the file, use a text editor to enter the user's UNIX account name. The following syntax rules apply to the w2kusers.deny file: Only one user name can be entered on a line. The user name must exactly match a user name in the UNIX /etc/passwd file. Comment lines begin with a pound sign (#). EXAMPLES
The following example shows a typical w2kusers.deny file: # The following file lists account names that are not allowed to use # the Win- dows 2000 authentication information when it is enabled. # Account names must match exactly the user account name in the # /etc/passwd file. # # Syntax: account_1 # . # . # . # account_n # root nobody nobodyV daemon bin uucp uucpa auth cron lp tcb adm ris wnn pop imap Peter Dave Beth Martha FILES
Location of the file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: ldapcd(8), lw2ksetup(8) Files: etc/w2kusers.deny(4) Windows 2000 Single Sign-OnInstallation and Administration Guide. delim off delim off w2kusers.deny(4)