Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File arrival status
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File arrival status Post 80975 by Unbeliever on Monday 15th of August 2005 08:14:46 AM
Old 08-15-2005
If a file is stil in transit there will be at least one process on the local machine that has it 'open'. In which case you can use the lsof command

lsof <path to file>

If there is any output then its in use and probably still in transit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couldn't open status file /var/samba/STATUS.LCK

I believe i have most of samba configured right but i get this error each time time try to run it. I was given suggestion that i touch the file, i did, but i still cannot rid myself of this error. Any suggestions (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the status and send an email with status

Hi, We have a text file which has the following data. ISA~00~ ~00~ ~ZZ~VISTN ~ZZ~U1CAD ~051227~183 7~U~00200~000011258~0~P~< GS~FA~EE05J~U1CAD~051227~1831~000011258~X~002002 ST~997~0001 AK1~SH~247 AK2~856~2470001 AK5~A AK2~856~2470002 AK5~A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Installing RedHat 8.0 onto Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - hdc: status error: status = 0x58

I have successfully installed RedHat 8.0 onto a Dell PowerEdge SC1425 today. This server has two SATA hard drives, and an IDE DVD-ROM drive. Using the following kernel parameters, i successfully installed across both hard drives from CD: ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14 vga=791 resolution=1024x768 expert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
5 Replies

4. Programming

How to detect usb storage arrival and its mount path from C

Hi, I am a newbi to linux, i wana to write a program in C that can detect arrival of a usb flash memory. I want also to find the actual mount point of new inserted flash disk. can anyone help me? thanks a lot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aghashahi
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to invoke a script upon arrival of a file

hi all, i recieve a file from other server, on a daily basis .... but the time of arrival is unpredictable .... i need to move this file to another directory before the next file arrives ... i have written a script that does this op and performs some manipulations on the data... but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to get the arrival count of file

Hello All, I have come across a small problem. It would be great if any of you could help me in resolving the issue. one file named dummy.txt will be ftped to Unix machine twice daily. If i receive it second time in a day i need to do some processing with the file. How to find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need File arrival time(sftp) command

Hi All, I am getting some file through using sftp from another server to my server. I want know the exact file arrival time on my sytem I have tried stat command . it gives me the below details $ stat abc.txt File: `abc.txt Size: 24231 Blocks: 48 IO Block:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script shell calculate mean arrival request duration

hello, I have implemented this command : tshark -eth0 -T fiels -e frame.time et sip.Request-Line -z sip,stat > test2.txt the result of this command : test.txt: Aug 27, 2013 23:06:47.334270000 INVITE Aug 27, 2013 23:06:47.335045000 SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized Aug 27, 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amouna
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check daily files arrival in a directory

Hi All, I wanted to write a script to check if set of files exist in a directory or not for a particular day. each file has a date stamp. Now i want to implement this - -i can check files of a particular date in a particular folder -generate log and send it to through email. Big THANKS !!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagboy2014
5 Replies

10. Programming

How to track table status delete/update/insert status in DB2 V10 z/os?

Dear Team I am using DB2 v10 z/os database . Need expert guidance to figure out best way to track table activities ( Ex Delete, Insert,Update ) Scenario We have a table which is critical and many developer/testing team access on daily basis . We had instance where some deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies
GENBOX(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GENBOX(1)

NAME
genrbox - generate a RADIANCE description of a box SYNOPSIS
genrbox mat name xsiz ysiz zsiz [ -i ][ -r rad | -b bev ] DESCRIPTION
Genbox produces a RADIANCE scene description of a parallelepiped with one corner at the origin and the opposite corner at (xsiz, ysiz, zsiz). The sides of the box will be parallel to the three coordinate planes. The surfaces that make up the box will be modified by mat and their identifiers will begin with name. The -i option can be used to produce a box with inward directed surface normals. The -r option can be used to specify the radius for rounded edges. The -b option can be used to specify the indentation for beveled edges. EXAMPLE
To produce a rectangular box made of wood with beveled edges: genrbox wood box1 5 8 3 -b .5 > box1 AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
Because spheres and cylinders are used to construct boxes with rounded edges, a transparent box of this type appears quite messy. SEE ALSO
genrev(1), gensurf(1), genworm(1), rpict(1), rvu(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 GENBOX(1)