Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Posting to a log file in KSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Posting to a log file in KSH Post 79234 by sidamin810 on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 09:57:21 AM
Old 07-26-2005
thanks Vino.. Ill try that out..! =)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can remove -ksh.log

Hi I tried to remove the -ksh.log from my directory using rm -f -ksh.log but i cann't do it ,please help how can i do it and also would like to know when this file will be created. many thanks in advance... Regards, HAA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HAA
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help ksh scripting for log file

I have log files that contain data generated every 5 minutes. I want to extract data from the log files to another log file In each 5 minute series <log4j:event logger="VistaMonitor" timestamp="1200688175425" time="Fri Jan 18 15:29:35 EST 2008" Generated twice (I only to get the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CathyPro
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

KSH to find a ORA error in a log file

Hi: i have writen a script that needs a finishing Pourpouse is to find a particular error in a file after we enter file name and the return msg would describe if >there is a error -> "Contact DBA" if there is no oracle error ->"No ora error found." for the same i have written a script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: techbravo
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script that echo " please insert your name " and store the output to a login.log file.

Hello All Nice to meet you all here in this forum, it's my 1rst time here i'm asking about a little issue that i face i added a ksh script that echo " please insert your name " and store the output to a login.log file. the script is working fine with normal telnet but Xstart is not working... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from Log file in Ksh

I have a log file like.. IMPORT from /dataserver/ftp/bits/mdr/mdr_data_discon.dat OF DEL ..... Number of rows read = 1376 Number of rows skipped = 0 Number of rows inserted = 1374 Number of rows updated = 0 Number of rows rejected = 2 Number of rows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

create csv in ksh from tricky log file

hi guys, trying to create a csv from a tricky log file in ksh, using 'awk '{print $1" "$14" "$15" "$16" "$17" "$18" "$19}' >> $TMP_FILE' on another set of files I have an output file with hundreds of lines in which looks like so: ABC_DEFGHI_16_JKLMNP11.20101115_095412_374.log:09:54:29.579... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Log File in ksh itself

Hi, I want to create a log file for a running ksh , and the log file absolute path I want to give in ksh itself. To elaborate this - Say I have a ksh - timer.ksh and I want to create a log timer_log.log when I run, to trace this. I am aware of the fact that this can be done using redirection... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay4889
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : need to get the 4 th line above and 2 nd below the matched pattern in the log file

I have a log file as given below 012/01/21 10:29:02 (111111) Processing Job '23_369468343464564' 2012/01/21 10:29:02 (111111) Making Job '23_369468343464564.0'... 2012/01/21 10:29:04 (111111) Jobnumber '23_369468343464564' was successful 2012/01/21 10:29:04 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: How to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file executes by UNIX process

Hello Team- we would like to implement an approach which has to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file is executing by Unix process. At present,it is writing the log file once the process is completed. I've tested the current process with the below approaches and none of them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hima_B
1 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)