Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to format number/string in ksh Post 77022 by Perderabo on Saturday 2nd of July 2005 06:07:50 PM
Old 07-02-2005
typeset -Z20 x

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format decimal in ksh

hi all, in ksh, how do i format a decimal number (e.g 3381.19) to integer (e.g 3381). This number is average time response for server in millisec and i wanted to display it in a more readable format i.e in seconds without any decimals. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String format in KSH script

Hello, I am attempting to format the output of my unix ksh script. Currently looks like ... FTP TO HR : Down FTP FROM HR 4011a : Up FTP FROM HR 4019a : Down FTP FROM HR : Down Would like the status to be aligned as follows: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvella
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number/string format in bash

I would like to change the format of an integer type number adding zeros to the left of it in a script in bash. For example number=1 echo $number 00001 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josegr
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing number in bash (number is in form of string)

I have a txt file as database. when i run my program what it does is it ask me for 3 name and stored in the file as name1:name2:name3:1 when u enter 3 name it add those in file as above format and add 1 at the end. I what i want is if i enter same names again it changes that 1 to 2 and so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change output format using ksh

I have a script that reaches out to several systems and pulls back infomation in serveral files. I would like to take the infomation returned and reformat it so I can export it to excel. Below is current output: File1:item1:abc=1 File1:item2:efg File2:item1:ab=1 File2:item2:efg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting- array format

Hi Everyone, I have a ksh script that queries a database. The query output looks like this: $queryResult = echo ${queryResult} = name1 echo ${queryResult} = age1 echo ${queryResult} = name2 echo ${queryResult} = age2 ... I need to insert those values into a new array that would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: practitioner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format String in ksh

Hi, I have 3 columns to display to target file and the display of the columns with specified position in target file. I have tried with printf command The Columns position like: Column1= 0 to 30 Column2=30 to 60 Column3=60 to 90 The source data: EMPNO,ENAME,SAL 1,11,100 2,22,200... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract number part from the string in ksh 88

I have to extract number part (Date and timestamp part ) from the following 3 strings AB_XYZA_20130930183017.log AB_DY_XYZA_20130930183017.log AB_GZU_20130930183017.log Output should be 20130930183017 Please help me to get the string like above Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to filter string between specific string in ksh

My argument has data as below. 10.9.9.85 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr5.scr 127869538 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr56scr 127869538 ....... (note all these between lines will start with hyphen '-' ) -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)