Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Making sense of df -k & format verify output Post 76808 by Perderabo on Thursday 30th of June 2005 04:30:46 PM
Old 06-30-2005
Well
/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 is d0
/dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 is d1

d0 and d1 were combined to make d2

c1t1d0s0 is slice 0 that's what the s0 means.

What else are you looking for?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process calls - making sense of truss results

Can someone point me at resources for system calls? Specifically, I am trying to make sense of what I am seeing in a truss command. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to make sense of rsync output...

I'm running the following rsync command to sync a directory between the 2 servers: rsync -az --delete --stats /some_dir/ server_name:/some_dir I'm getting the following output: Number of files: 655174 Number of files transferred: 14221 Total file size: 1138531979331 bytes Total... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GKnight
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate & format the output of spool command

Hi All, I am spooling the data some sql queries into a single file but wanted to know how to format the data of the file generated by spool. #!/bin/sh unset -f USAGE USAGE () { clear echo "############################USAGE#######################\n" echo "Incorrect number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does fibonacci sequence script stop making sense at 92nd iteration?

So, Just for practice, I wrote a simple fibonacci sequence script in bash. (03:08:02\$ cat fib #!/usr/bin/bash ret () { echo -ne "\n" sleep .5 } a=1 b=2 echo -n $a #1 A ret echo -n $b #2 B ret (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

incrementing lines in the file & format output.

Hi All, I need read the file and out put format as below using ksh, I wrote below script its keep on repeating first line in the file. may i know the best way to get the below out put while incrementing line in the file. cat b.txt |awk '{print $0}' |while read line do aa=`cat $line |head -1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sar -d output... does not make sense

Can someone explain the correlation between how sar names the disk drives and how the rest of the OS names the disk drives? sar lists my disk drives as sd0, sd1, sd2, etc..... while format lists my disk drives as c1t0d0, c1t1d0, c1t2d0,etc... And also why sar shows 8 disks but format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
2 Replies

7. Programming

This Makes NO sense. I'm making a game and getting an error, need help.

Okay so I'm making a simple text based game that branches into different scenarios. By branching I mean branching off into whole different files with that part of the game in it. I got tired of working on scenario 1 so I'm working on scenario 2. As I get started and try to test it, I get an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lemonoid
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sense key unit attention & iostat hardware and transport errors on SAN disks

Hello, I'm trying to get to the bottom of SAN disk errors we've been seeing. Server is Sun Fire X4270 M2 running Solaris 10 8/11 u10 X86 since April 2012. SAN HBAs are SG-PCIE2FC-QF8-Z-Sun-branded Qlogic. SAN storage system is Hitachi VSP. We have 32 LUNs in use and another 8 LUNs not brought... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Beadm create -p on another pool - making sense of it

Hi all, I am trying out Solaris 11.3 Realize the option of -p when using beadm that i can actually create another boot environment on another pool. root@Unicorn6:~# beadm create -p mypool solaris-1 root@Unicorn6:~# beadm list -a BE/Dataset/Snapshot Flags... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script that verify output after make

Hi I write below script to show if expected file exist in /etc/library/ , print success else failed. But it will print full path I just need to print module name in output. And if it possible show time that spent to compile each module. FYI 1: First run another script just go to the paths... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
1 Replies
metaimport(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    metaimport(1M)

NAME
metaimport - imports disk sets into existing Solaris Volume Manager configurations SYNOPSIS
metaimport -s setname [-n] [-f] [-v] [disks]... metaimport -r [-v] [disks]... metaimport -V metaimport -? DESCRIPTION
The metaimport command allows the importing of disk sets, including replicated disk sets, into an existing Solaris Volume Manager configu- ration. Replicated disk sets are disk sets created using remote replication software. The default Solaris Volume Manager configuration specifies a maximum number of disk sets that can be configured. The metaimport command fails if importing the disk set would result in exceeding the number of disk sets configured on the system. To increase the number of disk sets allowed on a system, see the . Use metaset(1M) or metastat(1M) to view the configuration of the imported set. You must run metaimport as root. metaimport requires a functional Solaris Volume Manager configuration before it runs. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f Force the import, even if a quorum of replicas from the imported disk set is not available. This option could result in cor- rupt configurations and should only be used when metaimport fails with the "Insufficient quorum detected; exiting" error. If only a partial disk set is available, this option might be necessary to successfully import. Some or all data could be cor- rupted or unavailable when importing a partial set or a set lacking a replica quorum. -n Does not actually perform the operation, but shows the output or errors that would have resulted from the operation, had it been run. -r Report on the non-configured disk sets found on the system. If no disk device or LUN is specified, metaimport reports on all non-configured disk sets attached to the system. When the name of one disk is specified, metaimport reports on the disk set (or virtual LUN) containing the specified disk. If two or more disks are specified, metaimport reports on the set (or sets, if they belong to different disk sets) containing the specified disks. If two or more disks are specified, metaimport reports on the set (or sets, if they belong to different disk sets) containing the specified disks. This option can be used in conjunction with the -v option to give verbose output on each disk set reported. -s setname Specify the disk set name to use when importing. The imported disk set will be called setname, without regard to the name it may have had on a different system. -v Verbose. Provides detailed information about the metadb replica location and status. It also provides detailed information about the disk set configuration and status similar to the "metastat -c" output. -V Version information. -? Display a help message. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Importing a Disk Set The following example creates a disk set called blue and identifies c1t5d0 as a disk containing a state database replica from the disk set being imported. # metaimport -s blue c1t5d0 Example 2 Reporting Disk Sets to Import The following example scans all disks and LUNs attached to the system and configured as part of the system. It scans for disks that could be part of a disk set to be imported. Components that are already part of the Solaris Volume Manager configuration are ignored. This use of metaimport provides suggested forms of the metaimport command to use to actually import the disk sets that have been found. You can specify a component on the command line to reduce the scope of the scan and generate results more quickly. # metaimport -r EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2005 metaimport(1M)