Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script help Post 76276 by jim mcnamara on Monday 27th of June 2005 10:22:32 AM
Old 06-27-2005
input file
Code:
#Fri Jun 24 01:35:12 IST 2005 ihm001a1-enf.pocus1# 
23-Jun-05 20:00 ihm001a1 
File not received in /pgrb/cre/ieceu11/data/bkpsrcve/MGECLON003 from last 30 min 
Please raise a Priority 2 ticket for iMASC-GECS 
Please do not raise an SDM between Saturday 1500 CUT to Sunday 0330 CUT 

#Fri Jun 24 03:32:26 IST 2005 ihqr09a1.poceur1# 
23-Jun-05 22:00 
Msg : Defunct processes on ihqr09a1 
PIDs 
Investigate 

#Fri Jun 24 05:22:23 IST 2005 ihm001a1-enf.pocus1## 
23-Jun-05 23:50 ihm001a1 
Filesystem: /perb/dre/yeceu11 
Space Utilized: 100% 
Severity: 2 
Raise a ticket to relevant AST

results
Code:
23-Jun-05 20:00 ihm001a1  File not received in /pgrb/cre/ieceu11/data/bkpsrcve/MGECLON003 from last 30 min  
23-Jun-05 22:00  Msg : Defunct processes on ihqr09a1  
23-Jun-05 23:50 ihm001a1  Filesystem: /perb/dre/yeceu11  Severity: 2

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

#From 2nd line I would like to extract : date, node name 
#From 3rd line : Alert type, filesystem
#From 5th line : severity

awk ' BEGIN{counter=0}
      {
          if(index($0,"#")==1) { 
              counter=1
              printf("\n")
          }
          else                 {counter++}
          if(counter==2) {printf("%s ", $0)}
          if(counter==3) {printf("%s ", $0)}
          if(counter==5) {
              if(index($0,"Severity")>0) { printf("%s ", $0)}
          }
      } 
      END {printf("\n")}' filename

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
grokevt-addlog(1)														 grokevt-addlog(1)

NAME
grokevt-addlog - A tool for adding a raw event log to an existing GrokEVT database. SYNOPSIS
grokevt-addlog database-dir evt-file new-type base-type .SH DESCRIPTION grokevt-addlog takes a raw event log (.evt file) and adds it to a pre-built database generated by grokevt-builddb(1). This new log file will be set up to use the message templates of another log, as deter- mined by the user. This tool is primarily useful for processing deleted logs and log fragments found on a system. While it is possible to use the database generated from one system with the logs of another, this is not recommended for investigations unless no alternatives exist. ARGUMENTS
grokevt-addlog uses the following arguments: database-dir The base directory for the database generated previously by grokevt-builddb(1). evt-file The file to be added to the database. new-type The new log type/name that evt-file will take on. This is the name that will need to be used later with grokevt-parselog(1) to access the new log. This type must not already exist in the database. base-type The existing log type that this new log will be based on. The message templates from this type will be used with the new log when parsing. This type must exist in the current database. BUGS
Probably several. This particular script has not been extensively tested. CREDITS
Written by Timothy D. Morgan. Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Timothy D. Morgan LICENSE
Please see the file "LICENSE" included with this software distribution. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License version 2 for more details. SEE ALSO
grokevt(7) grokevt-builddb(1) grokevt-dumpmsgs(1) grokevt-findlogs(1) grokevt-parselog(1) grokevt-ripdll(1) File Conversion Utilities 20 March 2008 grokevt-addlog(1)