Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fuser brought down the box
Operating Systems AIX fuser brought down the box Post 76211 by DogDay on Sunday 26th of June 2005 12:55:48 PM
Old 06-26-2005
Sounds silly to me.

Did you check errpt?
Did you get a sysdump?
Did you get a core file?
Did you call IBM?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with fuser

fuser is used to check whether a file is in use by a process or not. I was putting some information in a file via a background process and was doing a cat to see the contents. It gave me the pid of background process followed by stop. Understood only half, stopped because it was writing on it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fuser ?? Look at the script !!

#SCRIPT TO CHECK WHO HAS ACCESSED THE LOG/FILE IN PAST 'N' MINUTES, AND MAIL ACCORDINGLY. MYPATH="/clocal/mqbrkrs/user/mqsiadm/sanjay/" MAIL_RECIPIENTS="abc@xyz.com" Subject="File accessed in last few minutes" >tempmail.txt >tempfind.txt find "$MYPATH" -type f -amin -1 > tempfind.txt cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser

Anyone ever use fuser, i tried this command fuser /database.bk but it only returns datbase.bk: I read some of the forums online, one of them said when he used fuser, it broke down the box, i really don't want that happen. I thought fuser is to see who is accessing that file, right? any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianlearnpro
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies

5. Solaris

FUSER problems

Greetings, I need help understanding why FUSER will not bring back PSID's on mounted filesystems. Is this a common error? Thanks in advance for your feedback. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser

if filename.txt is in used, exit, else continue. i tried to use fuser -c filename.txt, but returned bunch out PIDs eventhough filename.txt is not in used. any idea ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
10 Replies

7. Web Development

How to copy a selected value of list box into a text box in html form?

hi, i have a list box , a text box and a button in a html form. list box displays some values, when a user selects a value from the list box and press the button. the selected value should be copied to the text box value. can any1 give me a html and javascript code to do this facility. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fuser alternative OR running fuser on a script

Hi, Not sure whether there is a fuser alternative or any better way to check for file in use or not. I am wanting to check whether files are in use or not before removing them. Using fuser, the awk seems to be giving me 'weird' output not to mention that it is giving me 2 lines instead of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notify when the script run(hourly)on my jump-box only when there is a failure on my remote-box

Team, Presently I have a script, which i have set up cron on one of my Jump-boxes,and gives me the output on every hourly basis,fetching the data from the remote machine.Basically it gives me the list of all active users logged and its count once we execute the script.Here the count is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
6 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Copying , renaming the file from windox box and ftp to Linux box

Hello my dear friends, Two file are auto generated from mon - fri at different directories on same windows box.Every day i have to copy the file, rename it (specific name)and ftp it to linux box specified directory. is it possible to automate this process,If yes this has to be done from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umesh yadav
1 Replies
TR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     TR(4)

NAME
tr -- TROPIC based shared memory Token-Ring cards device driver SYNOPSIS
tr0 at isa? port 0xa20 iomem 0xd800 irq ? tr* at isa? port ? irq ? tr* at isapnp? tr* at mca? slot ? tr* at pcmcia? function ? DESCRIPTION
The tr device driver supports TROPIC I based shared-memory Token-Ring cards. HARDWARE
Supported cards include the following IBM and 3Com models: IBM Token-Ring Network PC Adapter IBM Token-Ring Network PC Adapter II IBM Token-Ring Network Adapter/A IBM Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter IBM Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter/A IBM Token-Ring 16/4 Credit Card Adapter IBM Token Ring Auto 16/4 Credit Card Adapter IBM Turbo 16/4 Token Ring PC Card IBM 16/4 ISA Adapter IBM Auto 16/4 Token-Ring ISA Adapter IBM Token Ring 16/4 Credit Card Adapter IBM Token Ring Auto 16/4 Credit Card Adapter IBM Turbo 16/4 Token Ring PC Card 3Com 3C619 TokenLink 3Com 3C319 TokenLink Velocity 3Com 3C389 TokenLink Velocity PC Card SOURCE ROUTING
Setting IFF_LINK0 enables Token-Ring source routing. Setting IFF_LINK1 uses all-routes broadcasts otherwise single-route broadcasts are used. NOTES
The MCA attachment has been only tested on IBM Token Ring 16/4 Adapter/A so far. It doesn't support ifmedia(4) yet, too. SEE ALSO
ifmedia(4), intro(4), isa(4), isapnp(4), mca(4), pcmcia(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The tr driver appeared in NetBSD 1.4. BUGS
The PCMCIA attachment does not work with the cbb(4) CardBus driver. BSD
April 14, 1999 BSD