Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Moving HBA cards to different PCI slots Post 76172 by 98_1LE on Saturday 25th of June 2005 09:40:10 AM
Old 06-25-2005
Yes, you can find the 66MHz slots on sunsolve.

Also, what are you using for volume management? If using Veritas Volume Manager, there is no need to worry about the controller numbers changing.

If using Sun Disk Suite, I think you will have problems.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

WLAN PCI Cards

Hi! I just wanted to know what network cards are supported in FreeBSD. I have looked at the list of supported cards but I can't find any of them in the stores. Is the list not updated, I would really preciate info about where (in EU, Sweden) I can buy them. /Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barfly.se
2 Replies

2. Solaris

VxVM/Hba cards/Solaris 10 FS issue

Hi all, I have a compatibly issues with a new hardware My config is the following one : Solaris 10 V490 Hardware 2 X HBA Qlogic 2310f cards An HP EVA 5000 for storage ... Veritas VxVM 4.1 MP1 When I reboot my server, VxVM is trying to mount/use the volume before it's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Help! Moving HBA cards to different slots

Due to speed mismatch, the server kept crashing. Sun suggests that I need to move the two HBA cards from the 66Mhz to the 33Mhz slots. There are tons of disks that are connected to these HBAs and I have Veritas volume manager. Does anyone have a list of what I need to do prior/after moving to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
3 Replies

4. Solaris

JNI 1560 in different speed PCI slots

I've got lots of scsi transport errors on the E2900 - the HBA was replaced once out of curiosity but the problem still exists. Feb 15 07:03:11 ivsdbch2 scsi: WARNING: /ssm@0,0/pci@18 ,600000/SUNW,jfca@1,1/fp@0,0/ssd@w5005076300c889cb,4 (ssd21): Feb 15 07:03:11 ivsdbch2 SCSI transport... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I know which HBA cards' hardware I have (on Solaris 10) ?

Hi, I'm trying to determine which HBA cards are installed on my Solaris 10 (Sun-Fire-V240) machine. The relevant data I have is below, but from it I cannot ascertain for sure if I have Emulex 10000 or 11000 HBA cards. Can anyone suggest how to determine my HBA hardware ? Thanks, Ron. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronbarak
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How do I know which HBA cards' hardware I have (on Solaris 10) ?

Hi, I'm trying to determine which HBA cards are installed on my Solaris 10 (Sun-Fire-V240) machine. The relevant data I have is below, but from it I cannot ascertain for sure if I have Emulex 10000 or 11000 HBA cards. Can anyone suggest how to determine my HBA hardware ? Thanks, Ron. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronbarak
4 Replies

7. SCO

PCI Express 1x HBA for parallel SCSI in Openserver 6

I'm floundering here trying to locate a PCI-E 1x HBA that will support an external tape drive in SCO Openserver 6. I was unable to find anything that would work in the compatible hardware list and a call to Adaptec confirmed that PCI-X would've been a better option for the risers in the Dell 2950... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_mal
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to look for open pci slots

I'm looking for open PCI slots in our array of sun boxes. I need help on how to distinguish if there's an open slot or not using prtdiag and prtconf. Is there a better tool for this? TIA. Here's my prtdiag -v | grep pci: pci 66 PCI5 SUNW,qlc-pci1077,2312 (scsi-+ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: revzalot
9 Replies

9. BSD

HBA cards on older FreeBSD's

Hi, The title is a bit misleading, but it seems I can't re-edit the title after creating the post - apologies. I have been handed a variety of servers, whereas quite a few of these are older FreeBSD (4.8, thank you legacy). I now have one of these servers which has a HBA card installed, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
0 Replies

10. Solaris

available PCI slots on v440

How do I find any available PCI slots on a v440? When I run prtconf, I get the following output? But I am not able to make out whether all the PCI slots are used. ================================= IO Devices ================================= Bus Freq Brd Type MHz Slot ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtamminen
1 Replies
vxtune(1M)																vxtune(1M)

NAME
vxtune - adjust Veritas Volume Replicator and Veritas Volume Manager tunables SYNOPSIS
vxtune [-r] vxtune [-r] tunable vxtune [-r] tunable value DESCRIPTION
The vxtune utility manages the various memory tunables that are used by Veritas Volume Replicator (VVR). It can also be used to change the value of the volpagemod_max_memsz tunable that is used by the instant snapshots feature of Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM). No other VxVM tunables are currently tunable using vxtune. You can use vxtune to display, set or change the memory tunables that are used by VVR. To maximize VVR performance, you can use this util- ity to experiment with different values before deciding on the optimal tunable values. The main advantage of using vxtune to change tunable values is that the new values are available immediately without needing to reboot the system. When invoked with no arguments, vxtune displays a list of the tunables whose values may be displayed or set. When invoked with the name of a supported tunable as the argument, vxtune displays the value of that tunable. When invoked with the name of a supported tunable and a value as arguments, vxtune attempts to set the tunable to that value. The specified value can take the following prefixes as base specifiers: 0 Value is in octal. 0x Value is in hexadecimal. By default, decimal is assumed. The specified value can take the following suffixes as unit multipliers: g or G The specified value is in gigabytes. k or K The specified value is in kilobytes. m or M The specified value is in megabytes. By default, the units are assumed to be bytes. The values of the following memory tunables may be displayed or set: vol_max_nmpool_sz Maximum memory that will be used by VVR on a secondary to hold the write requests coming from the primary. This memory is sys- tem-wide and restricts all secondary RVGs on the system. It may also be useful to increase this tunable if multiple Secondary RVGs are present on the system. vol_max_rdback_sz Maximum memory that will be used by VVR, when write requests are being read back from the SRL. You may need to increase this tun- able if you have multiple asynchronous RLINKS in one or more RVGs. vol_max_wrspool_sz Used in the clustered version of VVR. vol_min_lowmem_sz Minimum Threshold of available VVR memory needed to keep the write requests in memory on the primary RVG to send it to secondary. If available VVR memory is less than this threshold, write requests are freed early so that readbacks can be performed later. This tunable is used by asynchronous RLINKs. vol_rvio_maxpool_sz Maximum memory requested from the system by VVR for internal purposes. This tunable has a direct impact on the performance of VVR as it prevents one I/O operation from using all the memory in the system. The value of vol_rvio_maxpool_sz must be at least 10 times greater than the value of the maximum I/O size. volpagemod_max_memsz Maximum memory, measured in kilobytes, that is allocated for caching FastResync and cache object metadata by the instant snap- shots feature of VxVM. This tunable has a default value of 6144KB(6MB) of physical memory. The memory allocated for this cache is exclusively dedicated to it. It is not available for other processes or applications. Setting the value of volpagemod_max_memsz below 512KB fails if cache objects or volumes that have been prepared for instant snap- shot operations are present on the system. If you do not use the FastResync or DRL features that are implemented using a version 20 DCO volume, the value of volpage- mod_max_memsz can be set to 0. However, if you subsequently decide to enable these features, you can use vxtune to change the value to a more appropriate one. OPTIONS
-r (Raw) By default, tunable values are displayed in kilobytes. This option causes values to be displayed in bytes. EXAMPLES
Display the tunable parameters that vxtune supports: vxtune Display the value of vol_min_lowmem_sz on a host: vxtune vol_min_lowmem_sz Modify the value of vol_min_lowmem_sz to 2 megabytes on a host: vxtune vol_min_lowmem_sz 2M EXIT CODES
The vxtune utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered but denotes the first condition that prevented further execu- tion of the utility. NOTES
The vxtune command only affects the tunable values on the host on which it is run. If required, you must run the command separately on each host for which you want to change the tunable values (for example, for the log-owner node and any of its failover nodes in a cluster). Values that have been specified using vxtune are persistent across reboots. SEE ALSO
vrport(1M), vxmemstat(1M), vxsnap(1M) Veritas Volume Replicator Configuration Notes Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxtune(1M)