Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers change Post 7575 by macdonto on Thursday 27th of September 2001 10:43:52 PM
Old 09-27-2001
change

In redhat how do you change the display/resolution like 800X900 to 1200X1000.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to change ip ?

hi , Is there anyway to change ip on sco5.04 i tried using netconfig on the prompt but gives me error . how do u manually change ip cant use acoadmin and netconfig .... thx art (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want to change my Name

Hello, Pls change my login name to Awadhesh instead of awadhesh if possible. it will be more better if it become Awadhesh Pandey. Thanks a lot. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change wc -l

Hi, I would like realize a script that it can change " wc -l" with "wc -l | sed 's/ //g'", but my problem is that i can have a pipe ,a variable ( many variable different) or a file after wc -l ?how i could test this several case ? wc -l | cut -d' ' -f1` if wc -l ${F} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

8. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
XISETFOCUS(3)															     XISETFOCUS(3)

NAME
XISetFocus, XIGetFocus - set or get the device's focus. SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/XInput2.h> Status XISetFocus( Display *display, int deviceid, Window focus, Time time); Status XIGetFocus( Display *display, Window *focus_return); display Specifies the connection to the X server. deviceid Specifies the device whose focus is to be queried or changed. focus The new focus window. focus_return Returns the current focus window. time A valid timestamp or CurrentTime. DESCRIPTION
XISetFocus changes the focus of the specified device ans its last-focus-change time. It has no effect if the specified time is earlier than the current last-focus-change time or is later than the current X server time. Otherwise, the last-focus-change time is set to the specified time. CurrentTime is replaced by the current X server time). XISetFocus causes the X server to generate core, XI and XI2 focus events. If the focus window is None all keyboard events by this device are discarded until a new focus window is set. Otherwise, if focus is a window, it becomes the device's focus window. If a generated device event would normally be reported to this window or one of its inferiors, the event is reported as usual. Otherwise, the event is reported relative to the focus window. The specified focus window must be viewable at the time XISetFocus is called, or a BadMatch error results. If the focus window later becomes not viewable, the focus reverts to the parent (or the closest viewable ancestor. When the focus reverts, the X server generates core, XI and XI2 focus events but the last-focus-change time is not affected. Attempting to set the focus on a master pointer device or an attached slave device will result in a BadDevice error. XISetFocus can generate BadDevice, BadMatch, BadValue, and BadWindow errors. DIAGNOSTICS
BadValue A value is outside of the permitted range. BadDevice An invalid device was specified. The device does not exist or is not a appropriate for the type of change. BadMatch The window is not viewable. BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. 05/15/2013 XISETFOCUS(3)