Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running scripts with condition Post 753 by 98_1LE on Tuesday 16th of January 2001 09:57:26 AM
Old 01-16-2001
Then use a wrapper.
Create another script like launch.scr1;

#!/bin/sh
touch /tmp/scr1.lock
/path/to/SCR1
wait
rm -f /tmp/scr1.lock

------------------
And then create the wrapper for SCR2 called launch.scr2

#!/bin/sh
if [ -e /tmp/scr1.lock ]
then exit
else /path/to/SCR2
fi

------------------
Than change your cron entries to execute the wrapper scripts instead of the actual scripts/executables.

[Edited by 98_1LE on 01-16-2001 at 10:13 AM]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripts running under different users

what command can i use to tell if a script is running under different users? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csnewbie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in parallel

Hi, Iam having the scripts as follows. i jus want to run those in parallel. main aim is to minimise the time for overall execution of the script. now out.txt is having 1 lac records. script1(split.sh) split -1000 out.txt splitout ls -A splitout* > filelist.txt cat filelist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

When running if condition, getting the following error

Hi All, My input file name is 1.sh the contents of file are cat status2.txt | while read filename do echo "$filename" echo "first content of the file is ${filename}" echo "second content of the file is ${filename}" echo "second content of the file is ${filename}" if } -eq 0 -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

until loop : running even if condition is satisfied

I am checking one until loop with the following logic until || |||| do sleep 30 done before running this i am exporting above variables to SUCCESS.But the loop is running in infinite loop.My requirement is to make the loop run until all the 3 variables are SUCCESS or any of the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts via su

Hi All, Am using the below command to start my application using the root user su - bin -c "/home/bin/test/start.sh" but am getting the error becaue i have set some environment varibales in bin .profile when i execute the command start.sh by logging directly into bin account it's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sri24
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

8. Solaris

running scripts from cron

I need to run a script (from cron) that runs a second script. What worries me is that second script, when run from bash, upon finishing doesn't return to bash unless I press the 'Enter' key. I presume that's because last command in that script ends with & Could that be a problem for cron?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running scripts from different server

Hi, I need a script (ksh) on ServerAdmin that will run an archive scripts from different several Servers through ssh. The problem is that how can i switch user when before running the archive script. I already configured password-less connection on the servers. server 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple scripts using if condition

I have an if condition. If that condition is true then one script will be run and after that I need to check another condition based on the output value of first script. i tried like below : cd lock if ; then rm exitup if ; then kb_shutdown kb_startup if ; then rm exitup if ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charanarjun
3 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.11 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)