Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: performence is bad
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers performence is bad Post 74813 by roybe on Monday 13th of June 2005 03:06:55 PM
Old 06-13-2005
Thanks

Sorry for thread stuff Smilie

I just change the grep -Fi to fgrep and it is fast man...

I still don't undersatnd why is so different on performence...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I just did something bad....

I ran rm -rf lib*, I intended libm*, it deleted the whole lib dir from root. This is a dedicated webserver. What should I do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lss1
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System performence.

I am using RHEL AS3. I want to improve the system performence. For that I have disabled the un-used virtual consoles , And I increased the swap space., I disabled the unwanted services which are running background. Can any one tel me other techniques to improve the system performance? Help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Performence

I have writing quite a few shell scripts to always play with the files. But recently there were some job demand as to write some script to convert a report into a pipe delimited feed file and the volume of the data in it is going to be around some million of records.:mad: 1) Can some help me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarag
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bad emulation

I am using mpc8xx processor with linux-2.4.20 kernel. These prints are getting flooded to my console almost consistenly. 14 06:29:17 MC4L-TP01 syslog.warn klogd: pte @ 0x10113d88: (0xc51cc100)->(0xc4bd144c)->0x01eec889 Oct 14 06:29:17 MC4L-TP01 syslog.warn klogd: RPN: 01eec PP: 2 SPS: 1 SH:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subratasaharia
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

9. Solaris

bad options(s)

Hi Folks, I am seeing an issue in solaris, while running a script.. Script contents #!/usr/bin/bash echo $HOME echo "********** RUNNING props on test ********" . /opt/home/weblogic/.profile > /dev/null echo "****** CURRENT BRANCH: $BRANCH *********"; .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad substitution

Cant undestand :) why i have an error on line 2.it is working on my other boxes #!/bin/bash ret=$(echo Q | timeout 5 openssl s_client connect "${1`hostname`}:${2-443}" -ssl3 2> /dev/null) if echo "${ret}" | grep -q 'Protocol.*SSLv3'; then if echo "${ret}" | grep -q 'Cipher.*0000'; then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
7 Replies
GZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GZGREP(1)

NAME
gzgrep, gzegrep, gzfgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
gzgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
gzgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If gzgrep is invoked as gzegrep or gzfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, gzgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep gzgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; gzgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), gzdiff(1), gzmore(1), gznew(1), gzforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gzip is available in the SUNWgzipS package. GZGREP(1)