Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Capturing text between ()
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capturing text between () Post 74789 by vgersh99 on Monday 13th of June 2005 01:28:59 PM
Old 06-13-2005
given some assumptions....
Code:
echo 'QMNAME(Q1) STATUS(Ended immediately)' | nawk -F '[()]' 'NF>1{ for(i=2; i <= NF; i=i+2) print $i}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing process id

I am newbie to unix shells world. I am trying to capture a background process id into a file so that it can be killed later. this process is basically a java program running in background as: java TestApp & this returning process id immediately. So how can i redirect that pid into a file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvreddy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing value into variable

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, I am trying to write a shell script, which will automate the process of mailing the invoices at the end of the day. For major part I am using Oracle database function. The problem is I want to capture the value returned by the Oracle function into the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing log

Hi below is my script which copies test file to each directory in the file and checks if the permissions are ok, but I am not able to capture the log of the output. here is the script #! /usr/bin/sh set -x cd /dir/of/files while read line do cp test.txt $line rm $line/test.txt done <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing stdin

Hi all, Consider the following situation: - you launch an compiled binary application from inside a unix shell which presents a text-based type user interface where you can input information ... # echo "I am the $SHELL shell" # I am the /bin/bash shell # ./input # ... imagine the binary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: domivv
3 Replies

5. Linux

Capturing TCPDUMP

Hi, I want to capture TCPDUMP of traffic, I tried doing this but did not find success..can anyone plz correct it. # tcpdump -s0 -vv -w /home/osuresh/test_tcp_dump host 10.12.10.22 && port 161 bash: tcpdump: command not found # tcpdump -s0 -vv -w /home/osuresh/test_tcp_dump host... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing a value in to variable.

Hi, I currently have a shell script where it captures in the value in to 'TOTAL' and outputs to a file, i want to capture another value of a query in to another variable and output it. Current script: sqlplus -s $user <<EOD | read TOTAL set heading off set pages 0 set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Particular Data

Hi everyone! Can any one help me out regarding capturing relevant data from a file. For e.g, if i want to capture the comment written after "Prompt:" for a particular date, like for this case what would be the command to capture the tag written after "Prompt:" for Date: 2009-03-20. A... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhmsida
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing IP address

I'm trying my first shell script. I would like my computer to launch an application if I'm on my work network, or mount my shared files if I'm on my home network. Here's how I'm trying to do it... #!/bin/bash CURRENT_IP=ipconfig getifaddr en1 HOME=192.168.1.6 WORK=192.168.0.123 if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcamp1973
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing text & putting it in different variables

Dear friends, I have following text in a variable. /backup/rem1/10122010/res From this value of variable i want to take each text in different variables e.g. a=backup b=rem1 c=10122010 d=res please guide me to do so. Thank you in advance Anushree (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Output?

Hello All, I'm writing a Bash Script and in it I execute a piped command within a Function I wrote and I can't seem to redirect the stderr from the 1st pipe to stdout..? I'm setting the output to an Array "COMMAND_OUTPUT" and splitting on newlines using this --> "( $(...) )". By putting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
6 Replies
POSTLOG(1)						      General Commands Manual							POSTLOG(1)

NAME
postlog - Postfix-compatible logging utility SYNOPSIS
postlog [-iv] [-c config_dir] [-p priority] [-t tag] [text...] DESCRIPTION
The postlog command implements a Postfix-compatible logging interface for use in, for example, shell scripts. By default, postlog logs the text given on the command line as one record. If no text is specified on the command line, postlog reads from standard input and logs each input line as one record. Logging is sent to syslogd(8); when the standard error stream is connected to a terminal, logging is sent there as well. The following options are implemented: -c config_dir Read the main.cf configuration file in the named directory instead of the default configuration directory. -i Include the process ID in the logging tag. -p priority Specifies the logging severity: info (default), warn, error, fatal, or panic. -t tag Specifies the logging tag, that is, the identifying name that appears at the beginning of each logging record. -v Enable verbose logging for debugging purposes. Multiple -v options make the software increasingly verbose. SEE ALSO
syslogd(8) syslog daemon. LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA POSTLOG(1)