Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Music
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Music Post 74720 by reborg on Monday 13th of June 2005 08:04:45 AM
Old 06-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
Google, listen to opera for an hour, then disco for an hour. Then tell me "Any kind of music is good music". I double dare you!
LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
But techno is a very broad genre to dislike in total.
Agreed, more accurately I would say I do not like enough of any one sub-genre or artist to justify it's inclusion in my collection. There are always individual tunes which trancend this boundary.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

music on unix

can anyone plz tell me how do i play music or songs on unix? i have a fedora core 5 OS. thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adarshjoshi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Music cd burn

Allo. I do a program using shell script to burn cds and dvds because I don't want to install one with kde or gnome dependance. I want to optimize one of my shell script. this shell script is to burn music cds. I juste have to go in shell and write : burn_cd_music audio1.mp3 audio2.mp3 audio1.ogg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bog333
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab and music problem

hi people. i am new in linux and especialy puppy. i am trying to use crontab to play and stop music at the certan time but have a problem. crontab lines look something like this: 23 10 * * * pmusic -s pause (starts the player) 28 10 * * * pmusic -s pause (stops the player) but when its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobmg
3 Replies

4. Debian

Music Player

As you all know from my first post I am kinda new to linux. I'm starting to get some terminal commands in but What is the best music player to use for linux Please excuse the stupidity of my questions until I get going on linux. My appologies. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
4 Replies
in.talkd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      in.talkd(1M)

NAME
in.talkd, talkd - server for talk program SYNOPSIS
in.talkd DESCRIPTION
talkd is a server used by the talk(1) program. It listens at the UDP port indicated in the ``talk'' service description; see services(4). The actual conversation takes place on a TCP connection that is established by negotiation between the two machines involved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), talk(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The protocol is architecture dependent. The in.talkd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/talk Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 31 Jul 2004 in.talkd(1M)