Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Syntax errors :/
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Syntax errors :/ Post 74240 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 01:53:16 PM
Old 06-08-2005
make sure you ftp to Sun in 'ascii' mode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk errors

Hello, Can you please let me know how to find all lines that don't begin with pattern1, pattern2, pattern3 and pattern4? Here is my awk script that gives an error. awk 'BEGIN { NAME="$FILE" GSNO=0 } /^ISA/ { FIRST=$0; LAST="IEA*1*" +... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl version for syntax errors

All, Does it matter what perl verios your running when you get syntax errors? on version 5.6.1 the code works fine, but on 5.8.0 the code gets errors? #!/usr/bin/perl #use strict; #use warnings; my $mess = 'messages'; my $mess1 = 'messages.1'; my $mess2 = 'messages.2'; my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Syntax Errors

Hi, I am a newbie to PERL and working on a script. When running it I get a lot of compilation errors. The actual command in the program (which is within a case structure) is given below # This gives the actual count of inquires from a log file (It works fine when I type this on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I dont really think that the math header has syntax errors

Hi, Mini:Evaluator develop$ make bison -d grammar.y grammar.y: conflicts: 24 shift/reduce flex rules.l cc -0 -o Evaluator grammar.tab.c lex.yy.c -ly -ll -lm In file included from grammar.y:3: /usr/include/architecture/i386/math.h:310: error: syntax error before numeric constant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tcerka
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

line count with if /else - syntax errors

this is the script: ps -ef|grep "x_jobstat 10 v001" > jobstatv001.txt ps -ef |grep "x_jobserver 10 v001" >> jobstatv001.txt #Sample text - each line preceded by 4 spaces # root 133064 102986 0 08:49:28 pts/6 0:00 grep x_jobstat 10 v001 # root 137550 1 0 Nov 08 - 0:28... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalkner
6 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Seek help on shell script syntax errors

I want to delete archivelog files that has been archived and applied from primary database to standby database. This piece of script is working in Linux server. However, I copy it to Unix server with tiny modification. It won't work and generate the error message. I have checked code carefullt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

7. Programming

Errors in Perl when using awk command

Hi Guys, Hope everyone is fine :) I have this code below: #!/usr/bin/perl $num_of_files=`ls | grep -v remover | wc -l`; $remover=`ls -lrt | grep -v total | grep -v remover | head -1 | awk '{print $8}' | rm \`xargs\``; if ($num_of_files>3) { system ($remover); } When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell scrip syntax errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This script will analyse the channels.txt e registrations.txt and it will allow to mage the channels and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demas
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding latest file in dir but getting syntax errors

I believe there are couple of syntax issues in my script, couldn't find them :( can someone help me with fixing it to make it work. cd /abcde/ #get the latest filename excluding subdirs filename=`ls -ltr | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'` #get system date and file timestamp and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
3 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - Shell, the standard command language interpreter DESCRIPTION
[Tru64 UNIX] Tru64 UNIX provides two command interpreters with the name sh. The XCU5.0 and POSIX.2 compliant command interpreter sh is available in the file /usr/bin/posix/sh and is described in the sh(1p) reference page. The Bourne shell, historically known as sh, is available in the file /usr/bin/sh and is described in the sh(1b) reference page. [Tru64 UNIX] Your initial, or login, shell is determined by your entry in the file /etc/passwd. This file can be changed only by your sys- tem administrator. You must use whatever procedures are in place at your location to have this entry changed. [Tru64 UNIX] If available on your system, you may use the passwd -s or the chsh commands to change your login shell. Note This option is not available if your site manages passwords through the Network Information Service (NIS) facility. Check with your system administrator. [Tru64 UNIX] Subsequent shells spawned from the initial shell depend on the value in the environment variable BIN_SH. If this variable is set to xpg4, the POSIX shell is started. If this variable is set to svr4, an SVR4 compliant version of the shell is started. If this vari- able is unset, the Bourne shell is started. If this variable is set to any other value, an error is reported and the results are unpre- dictable. See the EXAMPLES section for information on setting this variable. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] With Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0 the Korn shell, /usr/bin/ksh is the same as the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh. RESTRICTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] The file /etc/shells must include entries for both the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh and the Bourne shell, /usr/bin/sh. If this file is incorrect, see your system administrator. EXAMPLES
Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/ XCU5.0compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=xpg4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=svr4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unset BIN_SH Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/XCU5.0 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH xpg4 Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH svr4 Using the C/ shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unsetenv BIN_SH FILES
User profile. Contains user information, including the login shell name. Contains the names of available and permitted shells. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p), passwd(1) Files: passwd(4), shells(4) Standards: standards(5) sh(1)