Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setup internet connection
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users setup internet connection Post 7421 by adelany on Wednesday 26th of September 2001 09:12:13 AM
Old 09-26-2001
Smilie
Most cable modems assign the IP address using DCHP so
all you need to do is touch a file in /etc/ as follows

touch /etc/dhcp.hme0

if your interface card is hme0 or what ever interface you are using.

Hope this helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup X connection

I am running on a linux in my company's main site. Sometimes I need to access to a server in another site and run some x-applications. I tried to SSH to that server, but had difficulty setting up the correct DISPLAY variable. I used "who" to list the users and got something like:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjohn
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Internet setup on solaris10

Hi all, Can anyone please tell me how to setup internet on solaris10, b72? I own an airtel broadband, with a beetel 220BXI modem. I am new to solaris so was wondering as to how it can be done? Thanks (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
23 Replies

3. Solaris

internet setup for solaris on x86 platform

Hi all, i have configured my solaris 5 .10 for internet connection by editing the files /etc/hosts/,/etc/resolve.config,/etc/defalutrouter and nsswitchconfig . during installation i was not requested for ip adddress even i plugged network cable. am i need to install any network card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Problems with Internet setup

Hi, I am using VMWARE and when I have the network connection set to NAT and the VM set to DHCP I get internet connection. But when I set the connection to BRIDGED and assign a static IP address I loose internet connection. I have used netconfig to manually assign the IP Address, GATEWAY, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Internet connection

I got solaris 10 works, but I cannot set up my internet connection. When I ping a website and i open the web browser, it doesn't work. When the installation asked 'Am I in a network?' i answerd 'no'. I think this is my minstake. How can i get Internet, now? I have a ADSL modem (not router).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies

6. AIX

SSH Connection setup

Hi there, I would like to setup an ssh connection between the aix and the mainframes server. I would like to setup a script such that it wont ask the password every time when i try to connect the mainframes server from my unix box. If you guys provide the sample script that would really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: overnight
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 internet connection setup

I have a solaris 10 on my laptop. I want to let my internet work. Command: ifconfig -a Return: lo: ... e1000g0: ... I dont know what else to setup so when I open firefox, I have access to internet. Can anyone show me how to do the setting? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbahaha
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Internet setup on Solaris 10

Hi all, I have setup Solaris 10 OS on my home Sparc (Blade 1500) box. I also setup CDE (Common Desktop Environment). The box has Network card with 6 connections available for Internet, So I hooked up a hard-wired link from my router to the first slot. The light is green on both ends. Now, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

What is command to setup sofware in redhat over internet

Hi all, I setup redhat in VMware and I connected to internet, so I want setup sofware for redhat over internet what is command I used ? Are you understand my question, my ability of english is not good, such as I want setup dhcp packet I must used a command ? (yum... or...apt-get...or rpm... ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilinux9
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setup sftp connection

To set up a sftp connection between Server A, Server B and a website.com A batch script will start from Server A and Server B and Connect to the Website server How to setup sftp connection between server's. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
1 Replies
SMPPPD.CONF(5)							      SMPPPD							    SMPPPD.CONF(5)

NAME
smpppd.conf - global smpppd configuration file DESCRIPTION
When smpppd and smpppd-ifcfg start they first load their configuration from /etc/smpppd.conf, which contains basic information concerning their behavior. The configuration file /etc/smpppd.conf has a simple file format with a key = value pair in each line. OPTIONS
stop-on-disconnect = always, notdemand or never Shall the dialup connection be shutdown when the last frontend disconnects? Default value is always. reload-selects-default-provider = yes or no Shall a reload (SIGHUP) select the default provider for all interfaces or keep the current one? Default value is yes. open-inet-socket = yes or no Shall the smpppd open a internet connection, so that remote frontends can control the dialup connection? Default value is no. slp-register = yes or no Try to register at the slp daemon (service location protocol) if set to yes and an internet connection is opened. bind-address = <ip-address> Specify the ip address on which to listen for connections from remote frontends. The default is to listen on all addresses. host-range = <min ip-address> <max ip-address> Specify a host range from which remote frontends are allowed to connect to the smpppd. password = <password> The password used to authenticate remote frontends, UTF-8 encoded for those who really care. If the password is empty, no authenti- cation is done. number-of-loglines = <lines> The number of lines to keep in the log. Default is 250. accounting = yes or no Enable or disable accounting. Default is yes. alive-interval = <seconds> Interval for alive lines in the accounting log. A value of 0 disables alive lines. Default value is 900. debug = yes or no Turn debugging on or off. Default is off. This can also be controlled at runtime with cinternet. SEE ALSO
smpppd(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE September 2003 SMPPPD.CONF(5)