Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Information Urgently.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Information Urgently. Post 74130 by dino_leix on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 03:03:42 AM
Old 06-08-2005
go for the best way

If you are in india , i suggest you to go for yashwant kanetkar unix shell scripting book , which has 50% covered on the usage of unix and 50% n shell scripting , but for a heads up , I am sure you will find it easy and really fast and simple to get into it ...just go for it ..............

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major Help Urgently Needed!!!!

Right deleted Linux partition usig windows then went to format c:\ but had to exit window now pc ONLY boots into GNU Grub. Does anyone know how to format the hard drive now????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billett05
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help urgently

Hi to All, I m a regular visitor of this site but this one is my first thread . Although I ve tried but I cant find the solution .:confused: I ve number of files having extension .file., which having some define statement in it.The files consits as follows Ex:- abc.file `define ADCONV0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting Up Profile.......Need Help Urgently

Hi I am not able to setup PS1 environment variable in .profile file in my Home directory.I am using RED HAT3 Linux.this is the excercise that i have done $echo $SHELL /bin/ksh $pwd /home/khan $ls -l .profile -rwxrwxrwx $more .profile set -o vi export PS1='khan' $echo $PS1 $ (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachtokhan
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed urgently

hi all i need help I am confused and stucked. Actually i am new in this scripting stuff. I want to give complete txt file as a input to a variable and then sort the data in the file according to the alpha numeric characters, as my text file contains ! and !! and !!! indicating Minor, Major and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
11 Replies

5. Solaris

most urgently about pc-routing

Hi I have knowledge is a little about Solaris 10. I have problem route Question I have two lan interfaces nge0 >> 192.168.1.1 / 24 and link up Client1 >> 192.168.1.10 not out internet (GW 192.168.1.254) nge1 >> 192.168.50.220 /24 and link up Client50 >> 192.168.50.1 can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sermsuk
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help needed Urgently... Thanks in advance

You have a file called /opt/test/input.txt with the following information: man_aa_bld_100.410.040_CMD 08/14/2008 23:29:21 08/14/2008 23:31:10 SU 5339491/1 man_aa_bld_100.410.050_CMD 08/14/2008 23:29:21 08/14/2008 23:31:11 SU 5339491/1 man_aa_bld_100.410.060_CMD 08/14/2008 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need urgently....

I am new to shell scripting I am getting file sample.txt from mainframes to my unix machine Mon-Fri every 15 minutes from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. I need to Compare timestamp of sample.txt against system time via a Unix script kicked off by an Autosys job My Task is to write a shell script to monitor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script command - need help urgently

I have added script command to the .profile of the id, whose session needs to be captured. When exit command is issued, the script command exits. Is there a way to exit the parent shell also - and log off the system completely with one exit command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help Urgently - ksh Script

Requirement is to list the files older than 365 days from multiple directories and delete them and log the list of files which are deleted to a log file. so 1 script should only list files older than 365 days for each directory separately to a folder The other script should read these files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
4 Replies
emacs(1)						      General Commands Manual							  emacs(1)

NAME
emacs, xemacs - emacs editor DESCRIPTION
The emacs software is unsupported software that is provided as part of Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will fix problems in this unsupported software only if they are specific to Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not fix problems that are integral to the software itself or that occur when the com- ponent is used on UNIX systems other than Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not add functionality to this software. Except for this reference page, other reference pages that Tru64 UNIX supplies for emacs are passed through without changes. The reference pages distributed as part of this software are available in the directories /usr/share/doclib/annex/man/man[1-9]. You should use this directory stem in the man command or add it to the MANPATH environment variable to make these files available to the man command. Note Compaq is not responsible for the content or quality of reference pages and other documents installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory and does not revise this material in response to customer problem reports. Reference pages installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex/man directory are not available from Compaq in book form; for example, they are not included in the reference manu- als that you receive when you order the Tru64 UNIX documentation set as hard copy books. Problems related to the content or quality of any documentation installed in the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory tree should be sent to the developers of the documentation. The format for changing the search path with the man command is: man -P /usr/share/doclib/annex/man [section] title... If you are using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shells, use the following command sequence to modify your environment: MANPATH=$MAN- PATH:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man export MANPATH If you are using the C shell, enter the command: setenv MANPATH `echo $MANPATH`:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man See the reference pages for the man(1) command for additional information on the search path used to locate files. The reference pages associated with this product are not included in the whatis data base created by the catman command. Therefore, the man -k and apropos commands will not locate reference pages included with this product. SEE ALSO
Commands: apropos(1), catman(8), man(1) emacs(1)