Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add lines into file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add lines into file Post 73589 by Lestat on Thursday 2nd of June 2005 06:47:47 PM
Old 06-02-2005
Thanx a lot.... thanx x 100000

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Add a column at the end of all the lines in a file

Hi Guys, :D I am very much new to UNIX. I dont have much basics of coding in UNIX, so please help me out of thi ssituation. I have a file say for ex: ABC.dtd and it contains "|" delimited data as test1|testing|test3|moving past1|runing|test4|going I need to add a column at the end... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruthless
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Lines in middle of file

I need to add a new lines with certain data, to an existing file, every 5 lines in the file. There is no way to find any distinct charater pattern so I will have to do a line count and then insert the new line. I think using awk or sed is what I need to do. Any help is appreciated. Kunder (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunder
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add lines in file with perl

How to search string like: a and replace to a a a : : a in a file with perl? Thanks, Grace (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinsh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file: add 100 lines

Hi Gurus, I have XML file which i want to add 100 lines.I have no idea in xml how to add or modify data .Any help should be appreciated. Thanks, Akil (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add few lines to a file in unix

Hi, I have an xml file <Disp x=y a=b Disp/> <Disp q=1 w=2 Disp/> ..... I want to add a new set in between like this for a set of 100 files. <Disp x=y a=b Disp/> <Disp k=1 z=2 Disp/> <Disp q=1 w=2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naga_5star
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add lines of a file and average them

I'm reading in numbers from a file and trying to add them together. Here is the code so far. I know the 1+2+3.... part is wrong. The file has five numbers in it with each number on its own line. The numbers are decimals if that matters. Thanks. while read EachLine do echo $EachLine done <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxlVanDamme
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add two common lines on entire file

Hi Hi i have 500 lines of file,each line i need to add another two lines also need to separate with one line for every 3 lines after adding two lines.How to achieve this using shell? For example: Input file : dn: uid=apple,dc=example,dc=com dn: uid=ball,dc=example,dc=com output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add strings from one file at the end of specific lines in text file

Hello All, this is my first post so I don't know if I am doing this right. I would like to append entries from a series of strings (contained in a text file) consecutively at the end of specifically labeled lines in another file. As an example: - the file that contains the values to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gus74
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add 3 new lines for every line in a file

I have a file that I need to add 3 new lines of text for every line in the file - when I attempt the sed scripting below I keep getting 'command garbled' errors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated #!/bin/ksh list=`cat /export/home/list` for i in $list do sed ' a \... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjdamon
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD