Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print only certain lines from a text file Post 73453 by djp on Wednesday 1st of June 2005 11:47:56 AM
Old 06-01-2005
Code:
egrep -e '(AM\||PM\|)' input.txt > output.txt

djp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the lines after 2nd line from text file

Hi All, I need to print the lines after 2nd line irrespective of the number of lines in file if the file contents are like below ---------- root:!:0:0::/root:/usr/bin/ksh daemon:!:1:1::/etc: bin:!:2:2::/bin: sys:!:3:3::/usr/sys: adm:!:4:4::/var/adm: uucp:!:5:5::/usr/lib/uucp:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram1729
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text from a file and print text and one previous line too

Hi, Please let me know how to find text and print text and its previous line. Please don't get irritated few days back I asked text and next line. I am using HP-UX 11.11 Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print string at the end of lines in text file

hello, I go text file like this E:/DDD/Dyndede/wwww E:/DDD/sss.com/ffffg/fff E:/DDD/vvvvvv/dd E:/DDD/sss.com/bbbbbb E:/DDD/sss.com/nnnn/xxI want to print /alpha.jpg at the end of every lines like that E:/DDD/Dyndede/wwww/alpha.jpg E:/DDD/sss.com/ffffg/fff/alpha.jpg... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidkhan
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two lines after grep for a text string

I have several very large file that are extracts from Oracle tables. These files are formatted in XML type syntax with multiple entries like: <ROW> some information more information </ROW> I want to grep for some words, then print all lines between <ROW> AND </ROW>. Can this be done with AWK?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbruce
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print multiple lines from text file based on pattern list

I have a text file with a list of items/patterns: ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig12238 ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig34624... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oyster
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
ttk::label(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::label(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::label - Display a text string and/or image SYNOPSIS
ttk::label pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::label widget displays a textual label and/or image. The label may be linked to a Tcl variable to automatically change the displayed text. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -compound -cursor -image -style -takefocus -text -textvariable -underline -width See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-anchor anchor] Specifies how the information in the widget is positioned relative to the inner margins. Legal values are n, ne, e, se, s, sw, w, nw, and center. See also -justify. [-background frameColor] The widget's background color. If unspecified, the theme default is used. [-font font] Font to use for label text. [-foreground textColor] The widget's foreground color. If unspecified, the theme default is used. [-justify justify] If there are multiple lines of text, specifies how the lines are laid out relative to one another. One of left, center, or right. See also -anchor. [-padding padding] Specifies the amount of extra space to allocate for the widget. The padding is a list of up to four length specifications left top right bottom. If fewer than four elements are specified, bottom defaults to top, right defaults to left, and top defaults to left. [-relief relief] Specifies the 3-D effect desired for the widget border. Valid values are flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, and sunken. [-text text] Specifies a text string to be displayed inside the widget (unless overridden by -textvariable). [-wraplength wrapLength] Specifies the maximum line length (in pixels). If this option is less than or equal to zero, then automatic wrapping is not performed; otherwise the text is split into lines such that no line is longer than the speci- fied value. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), label(n) Tk 8.5 ttk::label(n)