Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sleep problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sleep problem Post 73395 by tom_xx_hu@yahoo on Tuesday 31st of May 2005 11:27:01 PM
Old 06-01-2005
I seem recall similar weird thing a long time ago.... Carefully check the script code file. In my past experience, it was caused by invisible/unprintable characters in script file. Or end of line is incorrect. vi does not help much. od/xd is the tool.

Good luck,

Tom

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using sleep command

hi all im trying to : while true do command sleep 1000 done the problem is that after the 24:00 hour the script stop any idea :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lione.heart
7 Replies

5. Programming

problem with sleep command

Hi all, I have a following code,(linux) #include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> int main() { printf("start"); sleep(3); printf("stop"); return 0; } i am getting output as first delay startstop (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi
5 Replies

6. Solaris

weird problem - terminal not refreshing; sleep not terminating

Hi, I am having a wierd problem in one of the Solaris server. root@ussd # uname -a SunOS ussd 5.8 Generic_108528-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R The problem is that terminal is not refreshing when we run commands like prstat, tail -f "some log file", sar -u 1 10 Also, sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sleep cmd in execution of cron...

I am scheduling a task at regular intervals at seconds acuracy using crond and sleep command . my data in crontab file is as below:- the above line is working fine when we are creating this crontab file before 00:05 min . But when we are creating the crontab file at 00:05min , unable to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj424
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies
DH_INSTALLMENU(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)

NAME
dh_installmenu - install Debian menu files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installmenu [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmenu is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian menu package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to interface with the Debian menu package. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.menu Debian menu files, installed into usr/share/menu/package in the package build directory. See menufile(5) for its format. debian/package.menu-method Debian menu method files, installed into etc/menu-methods/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) update-menus(1) menufile(5) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)