Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sleep problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sleep problem Post 73114 by DebianJ on Friday 27th of May 2005 04:26:09 PM
Old 05-27-2005
sleep problem

hi all

i have a menu (solaris unix), and every option calls a fuction. example:

Menu_Principal

while [ 1 ]
do

case $Opcion_UnCaracter in

A) Ayuda;;
a) Ayuda;;

C) Configuracion;;
c) Configuracion;;

bla,bla,bla....

esac
Menu_Principal
done

the problem is what when i call a function from the principal screen, doesn`t works, but, if i put to the function in the last instruction a "sleep command" (example : sleep 10), then it works OK.
anybody knows why? do i keep the sleep forever, or is there any solution for this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using sleep command

hi all im trying to : while true do command sleep 1000 done the problem is that after the 24:00 hour the script stop any idea :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lione.heart
7 Replies

5. Programming

problem with sleep command

Hi all, I have a following code,(linux) #include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> int main() { printf("start"); sleep(3); printf("stop"); return 0; } i am getting output as first delay startstop (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi
5 Replies

6. Solaris

weird problem - terminal not refreshing; sleep not terminating

Hi, I am having a wierd problem in one of the Solaris server. root@ussd # uname -a SunOS ussd 5.8 Generic_108528-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R The problem is that terminal is not refreshing when we run commands like prstat, tail -f "some log file", sar -u 1 10 Also, sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sleep cmd in execution of cron...

I am scheduling a task at regular intervals at seconds acuracy using crond and sleep command . my data in crontab file is as below:- the above line is working fine when we are creating this crontab file before 00:05 min . But when we are creating the crontab file at 00:05min , unable to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj424
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies
LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)

NAME
lr_deanonymize - restore anonymized data, using a dump as produced by lr_anonymize(1) SYNOPSIS
lr_deanonymize dumpfilestem DESCRIPTION
lr_deanonymize is typically used when receiving anonymized reports from a responder. See the section on "Processing The Responder's Results" in the chapter on "Using A Responder" in the Lire User Manual for usage examples. lr_deanonymize reads a file containing anonymized emailaddresses, ipnumbers, and hostnames (typically a report, generated from a logfile from an internet service) from stdin, and prints a "deanonymized" version of this file to stdout. It reads its information to do this from a bunch of Berkeley DB's, stored in files whose's names are derived from dumpfilestem, as produced by lr_anonymize(1). EXAMPLE
A 'logfile' like e.g. blaat fkrf 1.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] pietje@bigcompany.com bla 1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat 1.2.3.4 fkrf 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla 1 www.hotsex.com 2 3 lj;agas;gag jan@blaat.frut.com agagag blaat fkrf 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla pietje@bigcompany.com www.hotsex.com 234.34.2.0 jan@blaat.frut.com 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat fkrf tweede 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla 1.2.3.4 1 blablabla.com 2 mdcc.cx 3 lj;agas;gag wil get anonymized to blaat fkrf 1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] john.doe.1@example.com bla 1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat 10.0.0.1 fkrf 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla 1 1.example.com 2 3 lj;agas;gag john.doe.2@example.com agagag blaat fkrf 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla john.doe.1@example.com 1.example.com 10.0.0.2 john.doe.2@example.com 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat fkrf tweede 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla 10.0.0.1 1 2.example.com 2 3.example.com 3 lj;agas;gag The dump will look like ip 234.34.2.0 10.0.0.2 ip 1.2.3.4 10.0.0.1 inaddr 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa inaddr 1.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa inaddr 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa domain mdcc.cx 3.example.com domain blablabla.com 2.example.com domain www.hotsex.com 1.example.com email jan@blaat.frut.com john.doe.2@example.com email pietje@bigcompany.com john.doe.1@example.com SEE ALSO
lr_anonymize(1) VERSION
$Id: lr_deanonymize.in,v 1.4 2006/07/23 13:16:32 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)