Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX top command
Operating Systems SCO HP-UX top command Post 72822 by joestrosser on Tuesday 24th of May 2005 03:27:56 PM
Old 05-24-2005
HP-UX top command

Is there a command in SCO Unix that does the same as the top command in HPUX. The command displays the jobs using the most system resources.

Thanks You

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command --> top

I understand the numbers displayed in variable "load average". My question: what are the correct/ideal numbers? Sometimes, I got less than 1. Others, above 6. Also, what HW/SW should I tune in order to have the ideal numbers? Thank you ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgromerog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top command

hi guys, i am having a dual cpu xeon machine. i came to know that i can view the performance by giving top command. but top command shows only the usage of one cpu in percentage while the process are using more than 100% usage in the list . can i know separately the usage of cpus. can you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bijuhpd
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top command

Hey, Using one single line of command i am trying to show the CPU usage for 4 processors and then filter it out and write it to a text file. Everything seams ok except that i am not able to switch from having the top command show me all CPU processes seperate opposed to showing me the average of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hey, Using one single line of command i am trying to show the CPU usage for 4 processors and then filter it out and write it to a text file. Everything seams ok except that i am not able to switch from having the top command show me all CPU processes seperate opposed to showing me the average of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgesaa
8 Replies

5. Solaris

top command

Hi, How to install software package top in solaris, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hi , can some one please assist me in using top command im facing following after using top: # top -hv UX:sh (top): ERROR: top: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected # top -p UX:sh (top): ERROR: top: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
3 Replies

7. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with top command

Currently when i run top command i get the following columns . CPU TTY PID USERNAME PRI NI SIZE RES STATE TIME %WCPU %CPU COMMAND In this how to remove '%WCPU' column ? Thanks very much in advance . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpravinraj
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top command

Hi All, i am using the below command and once get the output and i need to keep the first batch only.in this case how to do this one. please help me on thistop -b -n 5 >top.txt Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
3 Replies
qterm(8B)								PBS								 qterm(8B)

NAME
qterm - terminate processing by a PBS batch server SYNOPSIS
qterm [-t type] [server...] DESCRIPTION
The qterm command terminates a PBS batch server. When a server receives a terminate command, the server will go into a terminating state. While in this state, the server will not allow new jobs to be started or enqueued. By default, qterm will request a "quick" shutdown of the PBS server. Other ways of shutting down the server (specified with the -t argument), and their impact on running jobs, are described below. The qterm command will not exit until the server has completed its shutdown procedure. In order to execute qterm, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPTIONS
-t type Specifies the type of shut down. The types are: immediate All running jobs are to immediately stop execution. If checkpoint is supported, running jobs that were submitted with "-c shutdown" are checkpointed, terminated, and requeued. If checkpoint is not supported or the job cannot be checkpointed, running jobs are requeued if the rerunable attribute is true. Otherwise, jobs are killed. Normally the server will not shutdown until there are no jobs in the running state. If the server is unable to contact the MOM of running job, the job is still listed as running. The server may be forced down by a second qterm -t immediate command. delay If checkpoint is supported, running jobs that were submitted with "-c shutdown" are checkpointed, terminated, and requeued. If a job cannot be checkpointed, but can be rerun, the job is terminated and requeued. Otherwise, running jobs are allowed to continue to run. Note, the operator or administrator may use the qrerun and qdel commands to remove run- ning jobs. quick This option is used when you wish that running jobs be left running when the server shuts down. The server will cleanly shutdown and can be restarted when desired. Upon restart of the server, jobs that continue to run are shown as running; jobs that terminated during the server's absence will be placed into the exiting state. OPERANDS
The server operand specifies which servers are to shutdown. If no servers are given, then the default server will be terminated. STANDARD ERROR
The qterm command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qterm command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qterm command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qmgr(1B), pbs_resources_aix4(7B), pbs_resources_irix5(7B), pbs_resources_sp2(7B), pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), and pbs_resources_unicos8(7B) Local qterm(8B)