Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysqld
Operating Systems BSD mysqld Post 70920 by SoulCoder on Thursday 5th of May 2005 09:53:44 AM
Old 05-05-2005
YES :P

I found an answer at this url http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/MIRRORS/f...ng_server.html

Posted by davidhj@mail.com on Tuesday January 29 2002, @8:30am [Delete] [Edit]
If your error log file has something like:

Can't find file: './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)

, and you've tried setting
--datadir=/path/to/my/data/directory but you
still get the same error, it may be because the
databases installed in the mysql data directory
(usually /var/lib/mysql) are not owned by the
mysql daemon, but by the user who ran
mysql_install_db. chown them to mysql and chgrp
them to the appropriate group e.g.

chown -R mysql /var/lib/mysql/mysql
chgrp -R daemons /var/lib/mysql/mysql

And now the mysqld daeomn run
the content of the logfile is
Code:
050505 15:40:03  mysqld started
050505 15:40:04  InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite
InnoDB: buffer...
050505 15:40:04  InnoDB: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
InnoDB: log sequence number 0 43634.
InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence number 0 43634
050505 15:40:04  InnoDB: Flushing modified pages from the buffer pool...
050505 15:40:04  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43634
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.1.11'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306  FreeBSD port: mysql-server-4.1.11_1
~

Thanks everybody

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

comm: mysqld Not tainted ... Kernel Panic , System totally unresponsive

Hi, I am experiencing frequent system hangs, hard kernel panics, etc almost thrice a day. The system would be totally unresponsive and the only way is to reboot is hard power recycling (plug out the power cable and plug in back after 30 secs). I enabled kdump, but unfortunately the kdump files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: massoo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysqld overloading cpu of VPS

Hi bros I have a VPS 512mb (Burst 2GB) with Kloxo installed and hosting few sites on it with not much traffic I am facing high cpu load for the last few days and seems mysqld is overloading the cpu Any suggestion will be appreciated Regards Rizwan Top output is as under top -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL (mysqld) fails to start!

Hello, I have recently installed MySql and I encourage an error. I am using Fedora 15 and when I am trying to start mysqld service i am getting the following error message: Starting mysqld (via systemctl): Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details. If I try to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot_pro
4 Replies

4. Programming

PHP exec to restart mysqld

I want to do something very very bad. I want to create a button that restarts mysqld. Why is irrelevant for my issue. Here is my php script ... <?php if(isset($_POST)){ exec("sudo /etc/init.d/mysqld restart"); } ?> <form method="POST"> <input type="submit" name="restart"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noPermissions
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mysql missing mysqld.sock (Linux)

I am trying to start a server for a class I am in but... mysql won't start with this error ( ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) ) ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer939
2 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)