Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mysqld
Operating Systems BSD mysqld Post 70799 by SoulCoder on Wednesday 4th of May 2005 10:06:54 AM
Old 05-04-2005
mysqld

Hello

I installed mysql41 this is the end of the installation
Quote:
You already have a group "mysql", so I will use it.
mysql:*:88:88::0:0:MySQL Daemon:/var/db/mysql:/sbin/nologin
You already have a user "mysql", so I will use it.
===> Compressing manual pages for mysql-server-4.1.11_1
===> Registering installation for mysql-server-4.1.11_1
===> SECURITY REPORT:
This port has installed the following files which may act as network
servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the system.
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld

If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a security
risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the security of
ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make deinstall'
to deinstall the port if this is a concern.

For more information, and contact details about the security
status of this software, see the following webpage:
http://www.mysql.com/
but when I try to launch the mysqld daemon it write this:
Quote:
$ /usr/local/libexec/mysqld
050504 15:31:13 [Warning] Can't create test file /var/db/mysql/Lodelservoo.lower-test
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't change dir to '/var/db/mysql/' (Errcode: 13)
050504 15:31:13 [ERROR] Aborting

050504 15:31:13 [Note] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown complete
note: LodelServoo is a CMS which need mysql

I verify that the dir mysql existed under /var/db, but it doesn't so naively I created it and launch again the mysqld but each time i have the same error message.

If someone know something about it he is welcoming

Thanks in advance

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

comm: mysqld Not tainted ... Kernel Panic , System totally unresponsive

Hi, I am experiencing frequent system hangs, hard kernel panics, etc almost thrice a day. The system would be totally unresponsive and the only way is to reboot is hard power recycling (plug out the power cable and plug in back after 30 secs). I enabled kdump, but unfortunately the kdump files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: massoo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysqld overloading cpu of VPS

Hi bros I have a VPS 512mb (Burst 2GB) with Kloxo installed and hosting few sites on it with not much traffic I am facing high cpu load for the last few days and seems mysqld is overloading the cpu Any suggestion will be appreciated Regards Rizwan Top output is as under top -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL (mysqld) fails to start!

Hello, I have recently installed MySql and I encourage an error. I am using Fedora 15 and when I am trying to start mysqld service i am getting the following error message: Starting mysqld (via systemctl): Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details. If I try to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dot_pro
4 Replies

4. Programming

PHP exec to restart mysqld

I want to do something very very bad. I want to create a button that restarts mysqld. Why is irrelevant for my issue. Here is my php script ... <?php if(isset($_POST)){ exec("sudo /etc/init.d/mysqld restart"); } ?> <form method="POST"> <input type="submit" name="restart"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noPermissions
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mysql missing mysqld.sock (Linux)

I am trying to start a server for a class I am in but... mysql won't start with this error ( ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) ) ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer939
2 Replies
SAVE_BINARY_LOGS(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      SAVE_BINARY_LOGS(1p)

NAME
save_binary_logs - Concatenating binary or relay logs from the specified file/position to the end of the log. This command is automatically executed from MHA Manager on failover, and manual execution should not be needed normally. SYNOPSIS
# Test $ save_binary_logs --command=test --binlog_dir=/var/lib/mysql --start_file=mysqld-bin.000002 # Saving binary logs $ save_binary_logs --command=save --binlog_dir=/var/lib/mysql --start_file=mysqld-bin.000002 --start_pos=312 --output_file=/var/tmp/aggregate.binlog # Saving relay logs $ save_binary_logs --command=save --start_file=mysqld-relay-bin.000002 --start_pos=312 --relay_log_info=/var/lib/mysql/relay-log.info --output_file=/var/tmp/aggregate.binlog save_binary_logs concatenates binary or relay logs from the specified log file/position to the end of the log. This tool is intended to be invoked from the master failover script(MHA Manager), and manual execution is normally not needed. DESCRIPTION
Suppose that master is crashed and the latest slave server has received binary logs up to mysqld-bin.000002:312. It is likely that master has more binary logs. If it is not sent to the slave, slaves will lose all binlogs from mysqld-bin.000002:312. The purpose of the save_binary_logs is to save binary logs that are not replicated to slaves. If master is reachable through SSH and binary logs are readable, saving binary logs is possible. Here is an example: $ save_binary_logs --command=save --start_file=mysqld-bin.000002 --start_pos=312 --output_file=/var/tmp/aggregate.binlog Then all binary logs starting from mysqld-bin.000002:312 are concatenated and stored into /var/tmp/aggregate.binlog. If you have binary logs up to mysqld-bin.000004, the following mysqlbinlog outputs are written. mysqld-bin.000002:Format Description Event(FDE), plus from 312 to the tail mysqld-bin.000003:from 0 to the tail, excluding FDE mysqld-bin.000004:from 0 to the tail, excluding FDE perl v5.14.2 2012-01-08 SAVE_BINARY_LOGS(1p)