Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make file in Unix
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Make file in Unix Post 69849 by Just Ice on Wednesday 20th of April 2005 07:15:20 PM
Old 04-20-2005
Hammer & Screwdriver

and many more ... and some more not mentioned ...
Code:
> file
>> file
echo "boo" | tee file
echo "boo" | tee -a file
cp file1 file
ln file1 file
cat file1 > file
cat file1 file2 >> file
command_with_output > file
command_with_output >> file
command_with_output_pipe_command_with_output > file
command_with_output_pipe_command_with_output >> file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can I make ls -l in HP-UNIX?

I made a liitle source about that.. BUt I got a trouble when making files'authority.. How can I display them?? p.s.) used struct stat .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangjinn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a copy of a unix HDD

i have this HDD with SCO 5.0.6 and i'm getting this errors WARNING: wd0: Error on fixed disk dev 1/42, block=4829, cmd=0x000000C8 Sun Mar 11 05:50:08 2007 status=0x00000040, LBA sector=1285723, cylinder/head=5022/0 WARNING: wd0: Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. Programming

Unix Make

I need tutorial on Make utility on Unix. Any help or link appreciated. many thanks Mirko (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmipko
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make sound using C under UNIX

i'm programming using C under UNIX. i wonder to how make sound using C ? any sound like "beep" would be fine. thx. :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trapeze
6 Replies

5. Solaris

how to make file link in c under unix

how to make link command by c language (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma7moudax
2 Replies

6. Programming

makeutility: how to get the make-file name inside of the make-file?

How I can get the current make-file name in a make-file So, if I run make with specified file:make -f target.mak is it possible to have the 'target' inside of the that 'target.mak' from the file name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

7. Hardware

How to make terminals with a PC(UNIX/LInux) support?

I want to build a network, in this network there is only one PC and 50 terminals, 50 students can use this system to study UNIX/Linux. In the old days, computer was very expensive, many scientists shared a computer with terminals, that means a terminal has no cpu, memory and hardisk. In... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: haixiao_liu
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-unix make file Problem

Dear Unixians, I have try to link my libraries with tuxedo that showing following errors, ] My make file few lines: .... actual linking regards, kkl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make bold chars in UNIX

Hi all, I want to make the string as bold in unix. is there any way to acheive this? thanks in advance. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)