Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mcs equivalent in HP-UX
Operating Systems HP-UX mcs equivalent in HP-UX Post 69781 by Perderabo on Wednesday 20th of April 2005 07:37:16 AM
Old 04-20-2005
I'm disappointed with you, vibhor_agarwali. You've been here long enough to be aware of our rules. Please make sure that you have read our rules. And note:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

I have closed the duplicate thread.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

pwdx equivalent on HP

In sun solaris, pwdx will give the print working directory. Suppose I have 5 databases running on different oracle versions. If I want to know what database is running on what oracle version, I just give pwdx <process id>. It will show the oracle home details. Could you give me the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracleuser
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need perl equivalent

Dear All, Good day, can any of you help me in the following problem: I need to find the perl equivalent for the following commandline grep characters |awk '{print \$2}'Expecting your reply and thanks in advance. Warm regards Fredrick. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
4 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)														pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)