Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find limitation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find limitation Post 69675 by gozer13 on Monday 18th of April 2005 06:24:51 PM
Old 04-18-2005
Computer the Pollock method

The following will give you a flat file list of files over two gig; maybe you can incorporate them into a find script or something.

ls -As1 anydir > dir.lst
sed '/total/d' dir.lst > dirmod.lst
awk -F " " '$1 >= 4194304 {print $2}' dirmod.lst > monstoruslyhugefatfiles.lst

hope it at least gives you something to chew on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitation of ls command

Hi, Iam using an alias to get the file count from one directory using normal ls command like ls file*|wc -l.If my file increases more than 35,000 ,my alias is not working.It shows that arg list too long. is that can be limitation of ls or problem in alias? I would appreciate if anyone can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this a bug or a limitation?

Hi, I'm having a problem with a while loop syntax that doesn't seem to loop correctly. TODAY=`date +%d%m%Y` while read hostname #for hostname in $(cat $CONFIG) do OUTFILE=/tmp/health_check.$hostname.$TODAY if then touch $OUTFILE func_header else rm $OUTFILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilberteu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk limitation

Hi All, I have an awk code below. I have an input file which has a line which has a last field with about 4000 characters and it pop up an error stated below. It is too much for awk to take ? Awk Code: {if( $NF == "2007" && $1 == "**" ) LINE = $0;} END{printf("%20s\n",LINE); } Error:... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep limitation

Hello, I am looking for a way to get around an issue, as I am using the grep command in a very common situation: grep ^50 File.*.txt | "some awk process" My problem is that bash throws me an error on the grep command if the directory in question contains several thousands files. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command -size option limitation ?

Hi All, I ran code in test environment to find the files more than 1TB given below is a snippet from code: FILE_SYSTEM=/home/arun MAX_FILE_LIMIT=1099511627776 find $FILE_SYSTEM -type f -size +"$MAX_FILE_LIMIT"c -ls -xdev 2>/dev/null | while read fname do echo "File larger than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Limitation on *.ext

Is there a size limit when passing an argument using wildcards? I.E. when I pass an argument in the form (like) "ftp_auto *.txt" - is there a limitation on the size of UNIX expanding "*.txt" ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitation on rm command

Hi all, does any one know ,if there is any limitation on rm command limitation referes here as a size . Ex:when my script try to rum rm command which have size of nearly 20-22 GB ..CPU load gets high ? if anyone know the relation of CPU load and limitation of rm command . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteshagrawal06
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limitation in addition

whats wrong with this addition? Whats the maximum number of digits can be handled? pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ const=201234454654768979799999 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ let new+=const pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ echo $new -2152890657037557890 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

10. AIX

What is the limitation in AIX?

Hi All, i got few questions... 1) What is the maximum number of files that we can save under a single directory in AIX ? (* we have enough storage/disk space) 2) And what is the maximum number of sub - directories in side a directory? I know that...every directory is a (special)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
11 Replies
LCP_CRTPOLLIST(8)						   User Manuals 						 LCP_CRTPOLLIST(8)

NAME
lcp_crtpollist - create an Intel(R) TXT policy list SYNOPSIS
lcp_crtpollist COMMAND [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
lcp_crtpollist is used to create an Intel(R) TXT policy list. OPTIONS
--create Create an TXT policy list. The following options are available: --out file policy list file [--ver version] version [file]... policy element files --sigh Sign an TXT policy list. --pub key-file PEM file of public key --out file policy list file [--priv key-file] PEM file of private key [--rev rev-ctr] revocation counter value [--nosig] don't add SigBlock --addsig --sig file file containing signature (big-endian) --out file policy list file --show file policy list file --help Print out the help message. --verbose Enable verbose output; can be specified with any command. EXAMPLES
Create policy list: Assuming there have been two element file mle.elt and pconf.elt generated by lcp_crtpolelt(8) The following example can create an unsigned policy list: lcp_crtpollist --create --out list-unsig.lst mle.elt pconf.elt Sign policy list: Unsigned policy list can be signed by the command lcp_crtpollist(8) or openssl(1). The openssl(1) signing is supported for cases where the signing environment is separate from the policy creation environment and the software allowed to run there is strictly controlled and already supports openssl(1). The following example uses openssl(1) to sign the list: 1 openssl rsa -pubout -in privkey.pem -out pubkey.pem 2 cp list-unsig.lst list-sig.lst 3 lcp_crtpollist --sigh --pub pubkey.pem --nosig --out list-sig.lst 4 openssl genrsa -out privkey.pem 2048 5 openssl dgst -sha1 -sign privkey.pem -out list.sig list-sig.lst 6 lcp_crtpollist --addsig --sig list.sig --out list-sig.lst lcp_crtpollist can also be used to sigh a policy list. The following example are intended to be mutually exclusive with the preceding exam- ple. 1 openssl genrsa -out privkey.pem 2048 2 openssl rsa -pubout -in privkey.pem -out pubkey.pem 3 cp list-unsig.lst list-sig.lst 4 lcp_crtpollist --sign --pub pubkey.pem --priv privkey.pem --out list-sig.lst SEE ALSO
lcp_crtpol2(8), lcp_crtpolelt(8), lcp_crtpollist(8), openssl(1). tboot 2011-12-31 LCP_CRTPOLLIST(8)