Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find pattern for the most high Post 69289 by x_terminat_or_3 on Wednesday 13th of April 2005 05:40:10 PM
Old 04-13-2005
Power find pattern for the most high

Hi al

Is it possible to feed find a pattern like *.php;*.html ?

I tried in vain to use regexps like

\(*.php\|*.html\)

I'm also confused with all those different kinds of regular expressions (QT, Emacs, Posix, ... ... ... Smilie I'm getting high off it because it's making my head spin)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am trying to find pattern between two words but unable to get that pattern..

HI.... It's fallow up file .. #./show.sh click enter button.. i am gettng the fallowup file. its keep on running every time why because there are lots of users working on it. In that file i want to search pattern between two words for ex: SELECT DISTINCT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksr.test
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the file which is growing at high speed

Hi, A log file which is growing at high speed, don't know the name of it. How to find the respective file? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Find why CPU utlization WAS high yesterday

I want to investigate why CPU utilization was high yesterday on my solaris 10 machine. I have been reported this problem but how can I investigate why CPU utilization went high at that time? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find next line based on pattern, if it is similar pattern skip it

Hi, I am able to get next line if it is matching a particular pattern. But i need a way to skip if next line also matches same pattern.. For example: No Records No Records Records found got it Records found Now i want to find 'Records found' after 'No Records' pattern matches.. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagpa531
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find pattern suffix matching pattern

Hi, I am trying to get a result out of this but fails please help. Have two files /tmp/1 & /tmp/hosts. /tmp/1 IP=123.456.789.01 WAS_HOSTNAME=abcdefgh.was.tb.dsdc /tmp/hosts 123.456.789.01 I want this result in /tmp/hosts if hostname is already there dont want duplicate entry. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
5 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to find which process using, while getting High Disk I/O?

In Our Production server I/O was very high, I Recived mail that Disk I/O was high, is it possible how to find which process Used this much I/O ? Iam Using Ubuntu server 12.04. Linux 3.9.3-x86_64-server33 (Li473-1200) 07/23/2014 _x86_64_ (8 CPU) 12:05:01 AM DEV ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and traverse left and pick something from another pattern

I have a Text like below , Detailed Table Information Table(tableName:a1, dbName:default, owner:eedc_hdp_s_d-itm-e, createTime:1520514151, lastAccessTime:0, retention:0, sd:StorageDescriptor(cols:, location:hdfs://DBDP-Dev/apps/hive/warehouse/a1,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nv186000
6 Replies
TIDY.REPAIRSTRING(3)							 1						      TIDY.REPAIRSTRING(3)

tidy::repairString - Repair a string using an optionally provided configuration file

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
string tidy::repairString (string $data, [mixed $config], [string $encoding]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string tidy_repair_string (string $data, [mixed $config], [string $encoding]) Repairs the given string. PARAMETERS
o $data - The data to be repaired. o $config - The config $config can be passed either as an array or as a string. If a string is passed, it is interpreted as the name of the configuration file, otherwise, it is interpreted as the options themselves. Check http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html for an explanation about each option. o $encoding - The $encoding parameter sets the encoding for input/output documents. The possible values for encoding are: ascii, latin0, latin1, raw, utf8, iso2022, mac, win1252, ibm858, utf16, utf16le, utf16be, big5, and shiftjis. RETURN VALUES
Returns the repaired string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tidy.repairString(3) example <?php ob_start(); ?> <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>error</i> </body> </html> <?php $buffer = ob_get_clean(); $tidy = new tidy(); $clean = $tidy->repairString($buffer); echo $clean; ?> The above example will output: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"> <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>error</p> </body> </html> NOTES
Note The optional parameters $config and $encoding were added in Tidy 2.0. SEE ALSO
tidy.parseFile(3), tidy.parseString(3), tidy.repairFile(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY.REPAIRSTRING(3)