Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing FreeBSD with FAT32 Post 6432 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 4th of September 2001 10:13:58 PM
Old 09-04-2001
man i dont know what happen to my other post but....

a 10g partion is a good amount of space to play with. when u install u will end up cutting up that 10 gig into diffearnt filesystems for bsd. ie one for root one for swap and so forth.

teh size of your remaining windows partion would end up being:

size of harddrive - 10gig= whats left for that windows partition.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD

Not entirely sure if this belongs here but here it is. I am installing FreeBSD, downloaded the ISO from their website, created the Bootdisk. And when I try to boot, I get this error, 'Panic, Couldn't Inialize. Will not continue without Inialization'. I get the prompt telling me that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fmarvez
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD on old system?

I've never had trouble installing freebsd or any linux/unix system on any computer i've tried to do it on. I just recently aquired a Packard Bell, 75mhz Pentium, 482 i believe. Im having difficulty installing it. I have FreeBSD 5.1 on cd and the computer wont even recognize the cd on boot, so it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
2 Replies

3. BSD

installing FreeBSD

hi everybody i'm now downloading FreeBSD using anonymous ftp...the problem i'll encounter is that it seems to be a huge archive.... I want just install it over a 8 G disk....how can i manage this? thanks regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Freebsd

Hi All Hope this is not going to upset you but i really need help. I'm new to Unix (Brand New) have never worked on a unix system before in my life so please bear with me. I'm in the process to install Freebsd but have no idea how to go ahead. The system that i have does not have any cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunner
3 Replies

5. BSD

Help with installing Gnome on FreeBSD

Recently, i have installed FreeBSD 5.3 on my computer. I then proceeded to install the latest version of Gnome. I went to the FreeBSD handbook and looked up how to set Gnome as my default window manager, and for some reason it did not work. I was wondering what exactly the command is to do set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgmyshko
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Opera 8 on FreeBSD

I'm a n00b to UNIX, but I'm making much progress. My preferred browser is Opera, and the ported version with FBSD 5.4 is Opera 7.54. Because I lost my opera key, I'd prefer to have version 8 which does not require a key. How can I install the .tar.gz on FreeBSD? I am somewhat familiar with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrgnInterrupted
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help. I have a problem with installing FreeBSD

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

8. BSD

Installing FreeBSD in VirtualBox

Keeps saying no bootable media found. Works with every other distro. Any ideas? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swathe
6 Replies

9. BSD

Installing gnome on freebsd

I have a fresh 64-bits install of FreeBSD 8.1 on a machine, but having issues with getting gnome to work. I have followed the guidelines on FreeBSD GNOME Project: GNOME 2.32 FAQ In summary that is: pkg_add -r gnome2 Add gnome_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf After a reboot and logging in, there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
8 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSd 8.1?

Hello everybody, I'm really new to Unix(and new here) ,and I'm looking forward to install FreeBSD 8.1 in Virtual Box on the Host - Windows 7.Otherwise in a eternal HDD.My problem is that I tried to find out step by step instruction but failed to find any such set of instructions. I'm in fact a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackwhite
1 Replies
HT(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     HT(4)

NAME
ht - TM-03/TE-16,TU-45,TU-77 MASSBUS magtape interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NHT ht_drives # TE16, TU45, TU77 /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments ht ? 172440 224 5 htintr # tu 16 massbus tape major device number(s): raw: 6 block: 0 minor device encoding: bits 0003 specify HT drive bit 0004 specifies no-rewind operation bit 0010 specifies 1600BPI recording density instead of 800BPI DESCRIPTION
The tm-03/transport combination provides a standard tape drive interface as described in mtio(4). All drives provide both 800 and 1600 bpi; the TE-16 runs at 45 ips, the TU-45 at 75 ips, while the TU-77 runs at 125 ips and autoloads tapes. FILES
/dev/MAKEDEV script to create special files /dev/MAKEDEV.local script to localize special files SEE ALSO
mt(1), tar(1), tp(1), mtio(4), tm(4), ts(4), dtab(5), autoconfig(8) DIAGNOSTICS
tu%d: no write ring. An attempt was made to write on the tape drive when no write ring was present; this message is written on the termi- nal of the user who tried to access the tape. tu%d: not online. An attempt was made to access the tape while it was offline; this message is written on the terminal of the user who tried to access the tape. tu%d: can't change density in mid-tape. An attempt was made to write on a tape at a different density than is already recorded on the tape. This message is written on the terminal of the user who tried to switch the density. tu%d: hard error bn%d er=%b ds=%b. A tape error occurred at block bn; the ht error register and drive status register are printed in octal with the bits symbolically decoded. Any error is fatal on non-raw tape; when possible the driver will have retried the operation which failed several times before reporting the error. BUGS
If any non-data error is encountered on non-raw tape, it refuses to do anything more until closed. The system should remember which controlling terminal has the tape drive open and write error messages to that terminal rather than on the console. 3rd Berkeley Distribution January 28, 1988 HT(4)