Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl Who is Zazzybob? What is SED? AWK? Post 63834 by Gollum on Friday 25th of February 2005 05:05:19 PM
Old 02-25-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
What is green?
Grass is green.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk / sed

I have many messages such as the test message below: 00:00000:00021:2002/05/13 13:57:00.51 ERROR:- Test error, my test error!!! I am writing a script in which I need to get everything from the word "ERROR:-" onwards. I normally use awk for these things, but I am not an expert at it so i am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baileyr1
6 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

congrats to zazzybob

i definitely want to thank and congratulate zazzybob on becoming a moderator in record time.. ZazzyBob you definitely have skills and hopefully they will continue to grow and spread... thanx for helping me out all those times moxxx68 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed in awk ? or nested awk ?

Hey all, Can I put sed command inside the awk action ?? If not then can i do grep in the awk action ?? For ex: awk '$1=="174" { ppid=($2) ; sed -n '/$ppid/p' tempfind.txt ; }' tempfind.txt Assume: 174 is string. Assume: tempfind.txt is used for awk and sed both. tempfind.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWk or Sed Help

hi, im trying to some data but only certain ones. like for instance "aaaaaaaaaaaaaa" "\$123 456.52" and i would like the filtered line to be "aaaaaaaaaaaaaa" "\$123456.52" By reading each line and finding the character $ then deleteing any spaces in between $ and the decimal. I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vb615
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies
DOTTY(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     DOTTY(1)

NAME
dotty - A Customizable Graph Editor SYNOPSIS
dotty [ -V ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
dotty is a graph editor for the X Window System. It may be run as a standalone editor, or as a front end for applications that use graphs. It can control multiple windows viewing different graphs. dotty is written on top of dot and lefty. lefty is a general-purpose programmable editor for technical pictures. It has an interpretive programming language similar to AWK and C. The user interface and graph editing operations of dotty are written as lefty functions. Pro- grammer-defined graph operations may be loaded as well. Graph layouts are made by dot, which runs as a separate process that communicates with lefty through pipes. USAGE
The file name is optional. If present, the graph contained in that file is displayed in the dotty window. OPTIONS
-V Prints the version. SEE ALSO
dot(1), lefty(1) dotty user guide. DOTTY(1)