Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP Between UNIX & Windows drops leading blanks Post 62338 by Vetrivela on Tuesday 15th of February 2005 07:03:47 AM
Old 02-15-2005
Hi worf52 !

I successfully ftped two files "a file.txt" and " afile.txt" from UNIX <=> DOS
Yes. File name should be within double-quotes.
Didn't try mget / mput.

One more point is , I had used psftp !

hth

Vetri

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

UNIX OS & Windows XP

Hello, Can someone please tell me if it is possible to install a Unix Os on a system that already has a Windows XP? If so, how do i go about it doing it?: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ike
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

excel drops leading zeros while attaching through unix

HEllo All, when the data file is being attached and mailed as file1.csv, the column data( e.g: 88E00, 99E00, 77F12, 66H18). The data 88E00 and 99E00 is being converted to 88E+01, 99E+01. All other data is fine. I need the file attached as .csv from unix only. Is there a way we can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSD
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP thru Unix doesn't auth usrname & pswd, but Windows app does - why?!

Strange one this... One of our contacts switched FTP servers, a different IP and now using port 2121 instead of 21. Changed the details in a Windows application using the username & password provided and it works no problem. Tried to FTP through Unix and although I can connect to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macca74
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Windows to Unix

Hi, I am trying to run the following in a bat file. It works fine as stand alone commands ]ftp.exe<linux box> <user> <password> ascii delete PRICES.TXT lcd "C:\Documents and Settings\PCLE12661\Mes documents\Emulation\Dax Prices" cd /home/dsdev/other/in put PRICES.TXT bye pause ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clarcombe
2 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing leading and trailing blanks from a string in C Shell

Does anyone know of a way with C Shell that will work on both Linux and Sun to clear all leading and trailing blanks from a previously specified string? I am using the following code to replace blanks with underscores: set Company = `echo $Company | sed 's/ /_/g but I don't want any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phudgens
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leading blanks

Hi Ich have a list as follows 73 5 100 45 81 4 and I would like to have an output (on screen) like that 73 5 100 45 81 4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies
mkmanifest(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mkmanifest(1)

NAME
mkmanifest - mtools utility to create a shell script to restore UNIX file names from DOS SYNOPSIS
mkmanifest [files] OPTIONS
None OPERANDS
A list of UNIX file names to be converted to DOS name format. DESCRIPTION
The mkmanifest command creates a shell script that aids in the restore of UNIX file names that were overwritten by DOS file name restric- tions. DOS file names are uppercase only, cannot exceed 8 character names, 3 character extensions and do not support device names or non- alphanumeric characters. Not all UNIX file names are supported in the DOS world. The mtools commands may have to change UNIX names to fit the DOS file name conven- tions. Most commands provide the verbose option (-v), that displays new file names if they have been changed. The following table shows some examples of file name conversions: ----------------------------------------------- UNIX name DOS name Reason for the change ----------------------------------------------- thisisatest THISISAT file name too long file.stuff FILE.STU extension too long prn.txt XRN.TXT PRN is a device name .abc X.ABC null file name hot+cold HOTXCOLD illegal character ----------------------------------------------- EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. EXAMPLES
Assume you have the following UNIX files that you want to copy to a DOS diskette using the mcopy command. very_long_name 2.many.dots illegal: good.c prn.dev Capital The mcopy command converts these file names to the following: very_lon 2xmany.dot illegalx good.c xprn.dev capital To restore the previous file names, use the mkmanifest command as follows: mkmanifest very_long_name 2.many.dots illegal: good.c prn.dev Capital > manifest The previous mkmanifest command line produces the following: mv very_lon very_long_name mv 2xmany.dot 2.many.dots mv illegalx illegal: mv xprn.dev prn.dev mv capital Capital The good.c file name did not require conversion, hence it was not included in the output. If these files were copied from diskette to another UNIX system, and you wanted to restore the original names, retain a copy of the mani- fest file (captured output) so that it can be used to convert the file names again. FILES
Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mcopy(1), mtools(1) mkmanifest(1)