Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP Between UNIX & Windows drops leading blanks Post 62261 by worf52 on Monday 14th of February 2005 03:13:42 PM
Old 02-14-2005
I tried the \ but that just changed the directory the file got put into.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

UNIX OS & Windows XP

Hello, Can someone please tell me if it is possible to install a Unix Os on a system that already has a Windows XP? If so, how do i go about it doing it?: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ike
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

excel drops leading zeros while attaching through unix

HEllo All, when the data file is being attached and mailed as file1.csv, the column data( e.g: 88E00, 99E00, 77F12, 66H18). The data 88E00 and 99E00 is being converted to 88E+01, 99E+01. All other data is fine. I need the file attached as .csv from unix only. Is there a way we can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSD
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP thru Unix doesn't auth usrname & pswd, but Windows app does - why?!

Strange one this... One of our contacts switched FTP servers, a different IP and now using port 2121 instead of 21. Changed the details in a Windows application using the username & password provided and it works no problem. Tried to FTP through Unix and although I can connect to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macca74
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Windows to Unix

Hi, I am trying to run the following in a bat file. It works fine as stand alone commands ]ftp.exe<linux box> <user> <password> ascii delete PRICES.TXT lcd "C:\Documents and Settings\PCLE12661\Mes documents\Emulation\Dax Prices" cd /home/dsdev/other/in put PRICES.TXT bye pause ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clarcombe
2 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing leading and trailing blanks from a string in C Shell

Does anyone know of a way with C Shell that will work on both Linux and Sun to clear all leading and trailing blanks from a previously specified string? I am using the following code to replace blanks with underscores: set Company = `echo $Company | sed 's/ /_/g but I don't want any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phudgens
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leading blanks

Hi Ich have a list as follows 73 5 100 45 81 4 and I would like to have an output (on screen) like that 73 5 100 45 81 4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies
ae-sccs-put(1)															    ae-sccs-put(1)

NAME
ae-sccs-put - put sccs version SYNOPSIS
ae-sccs-put -ycomment -Ginput-file history-file DESCRIPTION
The ae-sccs-put command is used to commit changes to an SCCS file. It insulates against a number of SCCS's quirks, and maps to Aegis' expectations better than using the SCCS commands directory in the history commands in the project aegis.conf configuration file. The file comments must be specified on the command line. The source file must be specified on the command line. It is expected that there is not lock current in the history file. This is consistent with Aegis' use of its history tool. The history file need to exist yet. It will be created (with the sccs admin command) if it does not. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -Gsource-file This option must be used to specify the source file to be checked into the history. -ycomment This option must be used to specify the comment to be attached to the file history. You probably need to use quotes to insulate the white space in the comment. EXIT STATUS
The ae-sccs-put command will exit with a status of 1 on any error. The ae-sccs-put command will only exit with a status of 0 if there are no errors. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See aegis(1) for a list of environment variables which may affect this command. See aepconf(5) for the project configuration file's project_specific field for how to set environment variables for all commands executed by Aegis. COPYRIGHT
ae-sccs-put version 4.24.3.D001 Copyright (C) 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Peter Miller The ae-sccs-put program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'ae-sccs-put -VERSion License' command. This is free soft- ware and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'ae-sccs-put -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: millerp@canb.auug.org.au //* WWW: http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/ Reference Manual Aegis ae-sccs-put(1)