Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Does anyone have example code for getting File System info on AIX Post 60756 by StuBob on Friday 21st of January 2005 08:50:48 AM
Old 01-21-2005
Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Forgive me but I'm very new to AIX so I don't know how to check if my system is is SUS1-compliant. Can you tell me how to do this? Also, what is the significance of this?

I tried man statvfs but it doesn't look like I have the help for this installed. Also tried the command statvfs and get a message ksh:statvfs: not found.

Many thanks

Stuart

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting an ISO As a file system in AIX

I want to mount an ISO image as a file system in AIX, have been unable to find a utility to do so after scouring the net. Bryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murdaugh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system

We are using AIX 5.2 using jfs2 almost all excpt one mount. Is it possible for a non root user id to mount one file system without journaling turned on, perform some activities and then remount (un-mount and mount) the same file system again. Please advise if this is possible Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

3. Programming

System info

Does anyone know graceful way to get information about system? Information I am interested in is: Total size of physical memory. Total and free size of swap. Number of processors, their types and frequency. Mount point of file system for known directory. Is there a good way to get such... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandrewo
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The best way to skin a cat OR how do I get file system info on the most basic level?

Hi, We have an FTP server (vsftpd) running on Linux, that I've kinda built a "Data Management" system around. I could use some ideas as to the best way to handle/create "triggers" for file notifications. Internal users drag 'n drop files from their Windows boxes to the server via Samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file from a dvd to the local AIX file system

Hi, I am a newbie to AIX, so please bear with me. I have mounted a dvd drive on AIX. I am trying to copy the file that is on the dvd drive on to the local machine. However, I get an error: cp: c1m_0001.gz: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. Can some one point me to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anurag1510
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX file system tuning

how do i determine the percentage of the following befor i install oracle 11g maxperm% maxclient% v_pinshm lgpg_regions lgpg_size (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies

9. AIX

Command to find file system details on AIX

Hi , Could you please tell me how to find the following on AIX? 1.Command to find file system details? 2.What are all the files exist under a specific directory along with their sizes? In general we use, du -sh * | grep M under a directory which returns files having size of MB,... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
18 Replies
statvfs.h(3HEAD)						      Headers							  statvfs.h(3HEAD)

NAME
statvfs.h, statvfs - VFS File System information structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/statvfs.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/statvfs.h> header defines the statvfs structure, which includes the following members: unsigned long f_bsize /* file system block size */ unsigned long f_frsize /* fundamental file system block size */ fsblkcnt_t f_blocks /* total number of blocks on file system */ /* in units of f_frsize */ fsblkcnt_t f_bfree /* total number of free blocks */ fsblkcnt_t f_bavail /* number of free blocks available to */ /* non-privileged process */ fsfilcnt_t f_files /* total number of file serial numbers */ fsfilcnt_t f_ffree /* total number of free file serial numbers */ fsfilcnt_t f_favail /* number of file serial numbers available */ /* to non-privileged process */ unsigned long f_fsid /* file system ID */ unsigned long f_flag /* bit mask of f_flag values */ unsigned long f_namemax /* maximum filename length */ The fsblkcnt_t and fsfilcnt_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). The following flags for the f_flag member are defined: ST_RDONLY read-only file system ST_NOSUID does not support setuid()/setgid() semantics ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
statvfs(2), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 statvfs.h(3HEAD)