Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg: char ptr - Coredumps
Top Forums Programming Reg: char ptr - Coredumps Post 60024 by rogier77 on Friday 7th of January 2005 09:57:36 AM
Old 01-07-2005
Yes, this would cause the program to fail. What are you trying to do?

If you just wanted to read memory, shouldnt you use double instead if int?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

file ptr.

Is there any way to know the filename from an available file pointer. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

2. AIX

Configuring Color Laser ptr in AIX

Hi All, I have Network color laser printer which is to be configured in AIX5L. The Model of the printer is OKI C3200. Will it is supported with AIX 5..? I could not find any drivers for this. Will any compatible drivers are available for this printer... I tried with the default drivers hplj-4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helloajith
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Coredumps and swap - was part of Solaris Mem Consumption

We have Sun OS running on spark : SunOS ciniwnpr67 5.10 Generic_118833-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 Having Physical RAM : Sol10box # prtconf | grep Mem Memory size: 8192 Megabytes My Top Output is : 130 processes: 129 sleeping, 1 on cpu CPU states: 98.8% idle, 0.2% user, 1.0%... (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
39 Replies

4. Programming

int *ptr + max possible value

From reading my C book, Im aware that the integers have a maximum value which depends on what type of processor you are using (since they use 16-bit or 32-bit instructions). Now I know pointers are very flexible, since they can reference anything, but in the case of integer pointers, can they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
4 Replies

5. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

6. AIX

Zerofault terminates and coredumps - Segmentation fault

Hi, I am using zerofault in AIX to find memory leaks for my server. zf -c <forked-server> zf -l 30 <server> <arguments> Then after some (5 mins ) it terminates core dumping and saying server exited abnormally. I could not understand the core file generated: its something like show in below... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.gkp
0 Replies

7. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

8. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot resolve PTR record issue

Hi guys, I am currently receiving the following output in /var/log/syslog and is occurring every second leading to /var directory being full after every 2 days. Aug 20 17:32:29 opaldn1 sendmail: r7KCOlQm002517: ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<postmaster@silverapp6>, relay=, reject=450 4.4.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

10. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_SET(3)					 1					 GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_SET(3)

gupnp_service_proxy_action_set - Send action to the service and set value

SYNOPSIS
bool gupnp_service_proxy_action_set (resource $proxy, string $action, string $name, mixed $value, int $type) DESCRIPTION
Send action with parameters to the service exposed by proxy synchronously and set value. PARAMETERS
o $proxy - A service proxy identifier. o $action - An action. o $name - The action name. o $value - The action value. o $type - The type of the action. Type can be one of the following values: o GUPNP_TYPE_BOOLEAN - Type of the variable is boolean. o GUPNP_TYPE_INT - Type of the variable is integer. o GUPNP_TYPE_LONG - Type of the variable is long. o GUPNP_TYPE_DOUBLE - Type of the variable is double. o GUPNP_TYPE_FLOAT - Type of the variable is float. o GUPNP_TYPE_STRING - Type of the variable is string. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Issues E_WARNING with either not correctly defined type of the action or unable to send action. SEE ALSO
gupnp_service_proxy_action_get(3), gupnp_service_proxy_send_action(3). PHP Documentation Group GUPNP_SERVICE_PROXY_ACTION_SET(3)