Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can i get my windows 98 folder from unix? Post 5973 by mib on Tuesday 28th of August 2001 12:18:48 AM
Old 08-28-2001
If you don't want to put it in fstab you can use 'mount' command to mount win partition whenever you need it.

mount -t vfat /dev/hdxx /mnt/win

to determine win partition type fdisk -l

Last edited by mib; 08-28-2001 at 01:23 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I view a Windows 2003 folder in Unix?

Is it possible to do something like this? Have a folder shared on a Windows machine and then be able to view it under a Unix server? Sort of like a reverse Samaba share? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

folder replication between windows and unix

1. How do i replicate folders between windows and unix. if i create a subfolder under NDC in windows, it should automatically create a subfolder in unix as well. windows nt /NDC/SUBFOLDERS hp ux /NDC/SUBFOLDERS 2. How do i ftp a file from windows to unix using automated... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create folder in windows from unix while FTP

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to create a folder in a Windows Server while running a ftp script in Unix. The idea is to create a script that searches for different files in folders, and when the file is found, take the path of that file and create it to Windows and ftp the file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Metalero de Oz
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder?

Hello, I am an amature at UNIX commands and functionality. Please could you all assist me by replying to my below mentioned querry : How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder? Thanks guys Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder and sub-folder in UNIX ?

Hi all, I have the following code to check the whether the folder is exist in my system. if ; then echo 'folder exist'; else echo 'folder not exist'; mkdir /home/batch/testing ; fi When I remove the "testing" folder from "/home/batch" directory, the code is working fine. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to share a folder from windows xp to solaris 8

how to share a folder from windows xp to solaris 8? with out using samba?it is possible or not for sharing a folder between windows and solaris 8 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Unix Shell script to Windows Shared folder ?

Hi Before Posting my query in this forum, I have gone through various similar postings to get some idea on ftp and how to do that from unix shell script to windows server. My question is related to FTP'ing from Unix to windows shared folder My basic question is 1. Is it possible to do FTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BatchScript/Unix shell Script to check folder in Windows server

Hi, It will be great help if any of them can provide or tell which scripting is possible to write for checking folder exists or not in Windows server from Unix/Windows machine. If folder doesn't exist then need to create the folder through script and copy the files. It is on very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashchakra7
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Share folder between vmware and windows

when i try to mount share folder in redhat mount share -t vmboxfs /mnt it shows no filesystem vmbox:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
4 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Transfer of zipped folder from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi all, I'm a newbie to unix. My requirement is to create an automation script which will transfer a zipped folder from my/remote desktop to an unix server. Tools lik WinSCP shouldnt be used. No manual moving. I use putty to connect to server. I couldnt find any help on this topic. Should i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherin22
3 Replies
installgrub(1M)                                                                                                                    installgrub(1M)

NAME
installgrub - install GRUB in a disk partition or a floppy SYNOPSIS
/sbin/installgrub [-fm] stage1 stage2 raw-device The installgrub command is an -only program. GRUB stands for GRand Unified Bootloader. installgrub installs GRUB stage 1 and stage 2 files on the boot area of a disk partition. If you specify the -m option, installgrub installs the stage 1 file on the master boot sector of the disk. The installgrub command accepts the following options: -f Suppresses interaction when overwriting the master boot sector. -m Installs GRUB stage1 on the master boot sector interactively. The installgrub command accepts the following operands: stage1 The name of the GRUB stage 1 file. stage2 The name of the GRUB stage 2 file. raw-device The name of the device onto which GRUB code is to be installed. It must be a character device that is readable and writable. For disk devices, specify the slice where the GRUB menu file is located. (For Solaris it is the root slice.) For a floppy disk, it is /dev/rdiskette. Example 1: Installing GRUB on a Hard Disk Slice The following command installs GRUB on a system where the root slice is c0d0s0: example# /sbin/installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c0d0s0 Example 2: Installing GRUB on a Floppy The following command installs GRUB on a formatted floppy: example# mount -F pcfs /dev/diskette /mnt # mkdir -p /mnt/boot/grub # cp /boot/grub/* /mnt/boot/grub # umount /mnt # cd /boot/grub # /sbin/installgrub stage1 stage2 /dev/rdiskette /boot/grub Directory where GRUB files reside. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ boot(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), kernel(1M), attributes(5) Installing GRUB on the master boot sector (-m option) overrides any boot manager currently installed on the machine. The system will always boot the GRUB in the Solaris partition regardless of which fdisk partition is active. 24 May 2005 installgrub(1M)