Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help with Unix dates
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help with Unix dates Post 58866 by Perderabo on Friday 3rd of December 2004 10:32:04 AM
Old 12-03-2004
You don't want to strip a leading zero anyway. You want to add a leading zero. Try this:

((DAY < 10)) && DAY="0"$DAY

Put it after the code that sets DAY.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix dates

How can I use the date function to get the following format? Nov 18 I've tried date +%b%d but I get it in this format: Nov18 with no space. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Select entries between two dates by converting Unix timestamp in Oracle Database.

Hi, I need to select the entries between two dates from an Oracle db. The Oracle db has a column with Unix timestamps. I use the following querry, but it doesnt seem to be working as desired. select count(*) from reporter_status where to_char(FIRSTOCCURRENCE, 'mm-dd-yy') between ('08-07-06')... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Dates

Hey guys. I need to manipulate the system date to move forward a day. So, if the system date was 02/14/08, I need the 'new' date to be 02/15/08 so my script will look for the date of 02/15/08. The thing is the file I will be looking for always has the date of the next day. Any ideas, ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndoggy020
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 dates in unix

I have 2 variables in my script like this $v_last_update_date1 = 08/18/2009 08:41:17 $v_last_update_date2 = 08/18/2009 08:30:17 Now I want to comapre with greater than if then go forward else error and exit out I am getting unknown test operator error Can anyone advise (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veeru
1 Replies

6. Programming

SQL: find if a set od dates falls in another set of dates

Don't know if it is important: Debian Linux / MySQL 5.1 I have a table: media_id int(8) group_id int(8) type_id int(8) expiration date start date cust_id int(8) num_runs int(8) preferred_time int(8) edit_date timestamp ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP id... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Replacing dates]] with (dates)]]

Hi guys, For my wiki site I need to fix 1400 pages that use the wrong date format, most pages (not all) use eg. 1988]] I need to change that to (1988)]] The date range goes back to 1400 so I guess I need to do the following ssh into my server, dump mysql database vi .sql dump search... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
20 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write the dates between 2 dates into a file

Hi All, I am trying to print the dates that falls between 2 date variables into a file. Here is the example. $BUS_DATE =20120616 $SUB_DATE=20120613 Output to file abc.txt should be : 20120613,20120614,120120615,20120616 Can you pls help me accomplish this in LINUX. Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get the Missing dates between two dates in the table?

Hi Am Using Unix Ksh ... I have a Table called date select * from date ; Date 01/02/2013 06/02/2013 I need the output as Missing Date 01/02/2013 02/02/2013 03/02/2013 04/02/2013 05/02/2013 06/02/2013 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files between two dates in UNIX

Hi Team, I need to connect to a prod server and need to get the files which falls between two dates. I should not create ant files on that machine. I am using korn shell. Your help is very much appreciated. Vinay (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
13 Replies
COLUMN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 COLUMN(1)

NAME
column -- columnate lists SYNOPSIS
column [-tx] [-c columns] [-s sep] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or, by default, from the standard input. Empty lines are ignored. The options are as follows: -c Output is formatted for a display columns wide. -s Specify a set of characters to be used to delimit columns for the -t option. -t Determine the number of columns the input contains and create a table. Columns are delimited with whitespace, by default, or with the characters supplied using the -s option. Useful for pretty-printing displays. -x Fill columns before filling rows. ENVIRONMENT
The COLUMNS, LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of column as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The column utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
(printf "PERM LINKS OWNER GROUP SIZE MONTH DAY " ; printf "HH:MM/YEAR NAME " ; ls -l | sed 1d) | column -t SEE ALSO
colrm(1), ls(1), paste(1), sort(1) HISTORY
The column command appeared in 4.3BSD-Reno. BUGS
Input lines are limited to LINE_MAX (2048) bytes in length. BSD
July 29, 2004 BSD