Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rules?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rules? Post 58815 by Xskwizitboi on Thursday 2nd of December 2004 12:42:39 PM
Old 12-02-2004
rules?

What rules?

I have been searching for hours on the internet and just cannot seem to find the command you would type to add a serial port or the file that specifies whether a filesystem shoudl be mounted at boot time or not.............

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Rules

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=2971 Spelling Error. You 'Adhere' to rules, not adhear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tux
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

rules

rules are there but asking 2 questions out of 30 is surely understanable esp when the instructor gives an open book test and urged us to seek answers anywhere we can except from him directly. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rules for new password?

What are the rules for choosing a new password when the old one expires? I notice when I try to use a password that is similar to my previous one then it won't take it. Got me wondering what the exact rules are- as in, how different does it have to be from previous passwords. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zTodd
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables help with rules

Hi, I've been struggling with this all morning and seem to have a blind spot on what the problem is. I'm trying to use iptables to block traffic on a little cluster of raspberry pi's but to allow ssh and ping traffic within it. The cluster has a firewall server with a wifi card connecting to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Need help for iptables rules

Hello, I did 2 scripts. The second one is, I hope, more secure. What do you think? Basic connection (no server, no router, no DHCP and the Ipv6 is disabled) #######script one #################### iptables -F iptables -X -t filter iptables -P INPUT DROP iptables -P FORWARD... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thomas342
6 Replies
filesystem(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     filesystem(7)

NAME
filesystem - event signalling that filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
filesystem [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The filesystem event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once filesystems are mounted might use: start on filesystem SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) mountall 2009-12-21 filesystem(7)