Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users scsi sda device not mounting !! Post 58097 by zazzybob on Saturday 13th of November 2004 07:24:04 AM
Old 11-13-2004
Are the actual device files still present on the system?

ls -l /dev/sda*

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

mounting an external scsi tape drive

hi- I just installed a quad gigaswift ethernet scsi card to my sunblade 150. I checked with the docs, and got all of the required drivers on the box. Now, I'm trying to mount an external scsi tape drive with no luck. I set the scsi address on the external drive to 0. Here's what I'm coming... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a flash device

How do you mount a USB flash drive on Sun Blade 2000 or 2500 with solaris 8? Thanks in advance ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xeroxtechnician
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE: Stp: SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 offline

:( If anyone has solved this problem, please help me! Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCollet
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE: Stp: SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 not ready

If somebody solve this error please help! Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCollet
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Notice Stp:SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 offline

My computer which uses scoUNIX, has an internal scsi tape backup. It will no longer backup . It posts this message Notice :Stp tape 0 device 46/0 offline. This has been discussed before by the forum and I'd appreciate any help that any expert could provide for me for a step wise approach to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothymhubbard
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Notice: STP:SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 offline

My tape drive is not backing up my data. This is the message that comes up as the computer starts up each morning. Notice Stp:SCSI tape 0 device 46/0 offline. The computer is equipped with a Seagate STD 24000N internal tape drive and the green indicator light on it continuously is on but the amber... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothymhubbard
0 Replies

7. Linux

mounting usb device

Hi Folks, I want to know how to mount usb device (cd,dvd etc) in linux, Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mounting a USB device with a predetermined name

When I attach a USB storage device to my Solaris server, the mount point is coming up as /rmdisk/unnamed_rmdisk Is there anyway I can have this device come up as a mounted device with a predetermined mount name eg /morespace rather than unnamed_rmdisk ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

device size mismatch after mounting

Hi, I have a created a logical partition sda5 in ubuntu server 9.0.4. which is Disk /dev/sda: 250.0 GB, 250059350016 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 30401 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Disk identifier: 0x00053d78 Device Boot Start End ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rac_oradba
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Legacy Ultra60 with Solaris 5.7 SCSI device reverse engineering

I'm looking for help with a legacy system. I have some obsolete equipment connected to an Ultra 60 running Solaris 5.7 with the binary for a 32 bit driver. The driver is rejected by newer versions of solaris, which run 64 bit kernels. I hope to reverse engineer the driver so that I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: obsoleteStuff
0 Replies
SRAW(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   SRAW(8)

NAME
sraw - benchmark raw scsi I/O performance under linux SYNOPSIS
sraw [ -fiv6 ] scsi-device [ bstart [ bstep ] ] DESCRIPTION
This program basically reads the specified scsi device and measures the throughput. Note that the filesystem *AND* the buffer cache are bypassed by this code, this program was designed to benchmark the naked scsi drivers by themselves without the need to account for the overhead of any other portion of the kernel. It also could be used to benchmark disk read throughput. This program does a series of reads of the disk, of consecutive areas on the disk. The device is first queried to determine the sector size for the device, and then the series of reads is begun. About 5.0 Mb is read from the device, and then the performance numbers are reported. Note that since the buffer cache is completely bypassed, there is no need to be concerned about cache hits or anything. Output of sraw is a set of lines, 4 numbers per line: blocksize, elapsed time, nblocks and throughput (in bytes per second). scsi-device is either a block device (e.g. /dev/sda, /dev/scd0) or a generic SCSI device (e.g. /dev/sg0). OPTIONS
-f set FUA (Force Unit Access) bit during read. Data is then read from media instead of internal drive cache. -i use legacy ioctl instead of new SG I/O layer (will not work on 2.6 kernel and block devices). -v more verbose output. -6 use 6-bytes instead of 10-bytes read command. In this case, only the first GB of data could be read from media. bstart starting block to check different zones on ZBR discs bstep factor for sequential stepping, default 1. Use 0 for reading always the same blocks (from cache) ERRORS
sraw could issue input/output errors when reading too many blocks at the same time from a block device like /dev/sda. To get rid of them, use /dev/sgN instead. AUTHOR
sraw was first written by Eric Youngdale. Extensions (-v, -f, -6, SG IO, man page) were written by Eric Delaunay. SEE ALSO
sg_dd(8) from sg3-utils package. AVAILABILITY
sraw is available at ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/ALPHA/scsi/ Nov 1993 SRAW(8)